• Register Today It's free!

'92 Explorer is falling apart.

bledsoea

Reaction score
City, State
Bakersfield California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Ford Explorer
My door handles broke off, driver side window gear box went out, just replaced solenoid and starter, rebuilt tranny about 2 years ago, fixed 4x4 twice,...If someone has something worse than that let me know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Welcome here..:D

...That seems like a mighty short list...:scratch:...I take it you don't take it out much to play...

welcome

I've actually put this truck through alot. I've taken it to pismo about 4 times but the last time i went really messed up my alignment.

I'll have it fixed before june. Just got to save money to go to pismo

...I still have some work to do on mine too...Just let us know what items you need help with the most and we will try to steer you in the right direction..;)

Thanks,..I really like this truck but money is an issue. If there was a cheap way i could give it more power that would be sweet.

new problem

My truck will start but it stalls after a minute. Anyone got anything for me?

...Check your codes...;)

Fixed it. It was the master air flow sensor

Hey man! I saw your rig parked at the curb today and wasn't sure if you were a part of this forum! I don't know anyone else from bako with an Explorer. Hit me up sometime to hang out or do some wheeling! I also have a few spare parts that will fit your rig, so if something breaks, check with me to see if I have it! Cheers!

i feel ur pain. i have an epic fail in my head gasket fix :(

I think all First Gen owners have a bit of a masochistic streak in 'em.

Welcome. You want a list?
AC inop, Auto hubs broken, 4 sets of ball joints, driver side window went down by itself (brain box in door replaced), driver window doesn't go down (gear needs work in the spring), MAF sensor replaced, Front u-joint (in a rainstorm), exhaust broke in half (spot welded), front end alignment x2, still need radius arm bushings, could use shocks, head gasket went (liquid repair is holding), need a radiator (soon). And that's the ones I know about!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does not seem abnormal for any car that old...How many older cars/trucks have you owned in the past ?

Back