anyone uses the ebay tune? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone uses the ebay tune?

Reaction score
City, State
rapid city, south dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 eddie bauer
so my dad notices im getting about 12 to the gallon which will suck bad in the summer time. so he went searching on ebay without my knowledge and buys (i believe to be garbage) superchip. claiming to give massive hp gains and great gas mileage. The description says it will work with 91 to 09 explorer which makes no sense because of different motors and parts between all of those years. but the point being, as anyone had any experience with this "superchip" or is it trash?

Also the whole thing cost $25

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post a pic of the auction and or item.. My SWAG is that it is just a resistor you use to fool the ECM into thinking its cooler out than it really is. Thats what the cheapy chip things for the non odb-II vehicles were.

~Mark

Hmmm... Massive horsepower gains that would normally cost thousands, and incredible mileage gains that save thousands on top of that- all for $25?!?

Sign me up- it has to be legit!

They're a scam, and will harm your engine by fooling the temp sensor into running in a lean mode.

There have been a few threads on this already, if your Dad is really this hard into the MPG on this truck, I suggest selling it before he damages it by adding on crap that shouldn't be on there in the hopes that something miraculous will happen. It's an SUV, it gets bad mileage, that's unfortunately just the way it is.

Heck- they'll sell the same kit for a snowmobile. It's a .50 cent Radio Shack resistor.

+100HP and 60MPG? Nope.

Yeah sorry man, you get what you pay for. Legit tuners run about 300 bucks and give you maybe +10 hp

Superchips, lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I would take a twenty five dollars and tear it up. about the same result as you would get buying that. And the bank will take back torn bills. so you are better off tearing up your money

+100HP and 60MPG? Nope.

The "Chip" won't but a NOS sticker will:D

Yeah sorry man, you get what you pay for. Legit tuners run about 300 bucks and give you maybe +10 hp

Superchips, lol
Posted via Mobile Device

superchips is a legit tuning company that sells legit tuners. But the "superchip" $25 ebay deal is a joke that only wastes your money.

I'm waiting for a Tornado to be ordered...

Back