Does anyone have a MFT system that works? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone have a MFT system that works?

I was called. Thank you Cory.

The rep had contacted my dealer and she informed them of a just released "bulletin" (I can't remember what she called it) about all of the issues with the MFT system.

I was told that there is a software team working on the system and that Ford is very aware of all of the issues. I was also told they did not know when the software would be released as they would have to test it on multiple vehicles before it was released...... something you would have hoped they would have done before they unleashed this on the unsuspecting public in the first place.

I noted that she said that there were Microsoft and Ford components that were not functioning properly together as they were developed separately. I was told they are being worked on together now.... again something you would have hoped they would have done beforehand.

I was told that until the software is released, there is nothing that can be done.

Is the problem really Microsoft and Ford components not functioning properly together? Is there some particular operation or device interaction that is causing these problems. When I thought it was quality control issues with a few unfortunate buyers of a first model year product, I took some comfort in the fact that mine appeared to be a good one.

However, if there really is some issue with the system as designed that cannot be fixed by replacing the head unit or reinstalling the OS and code, THERE ARE NO GOOD ONES as we all could end up with the problems people are reporting here if we use the system in a way that will generate the bugs some have experienced.

I would hope Ford could let us all know what the problem is and how it can be triggered so we can all try to avoid having our systems malfunction in the same way while Ford works on getting us a software update to fix this problem.

Mine has been flawless. 3-months and 2,600 miles of the coolest vehicle on the market. The vast majority of owners are thrilled with the system.
I don't doubt there are a few out there w/ glitches, but that's what a warranty is for. I'm sure Ford wants to fix the cars that have problems as much as the owners want them fixed.

Rocketfan,

Thank you for your feedback, and please be assured that SYNC engineering is working on fixing the functionality and improving the experience. I agree with boss377 that most MFT customers are mostly satisfied with the system and future updates will address the concerns as Ford is interested in having the issues resolved.

Cory

so far so good, mine works great

Back