• Register Today It's free!

Backup Bulb

Willykarla

Reaction score
City, State
Rio Grande, PR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I want to change the reverse bulb to a 6K white Led. I have made a search and found out the PS19W is the same as 9009 or H16. I would like to confirm this. Has someone change this bulb to a H16 using the OEM plug?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Off topic, but i want to change the fogs to yellow. What size bulb is in there and is it easy to access?

Why yellow?

Off topic, but i want to change the fogs to yellow. What size bulb is in there and is it easy to access?

H11. It's easy to change and requires no tools, just lay down under the bumper and you'll see what to do. I changed mine to yellow as well

Could you add pics with the yellow lights to see how it looks?

Dora-Red1-1.jpg

Very nice, I couldn't picture it in my head. Thank you for posting very NICE photo, what camera did you use? Phenomenol outcome on the Tri Coat!

Very nice, I couldn't picture it in my head. Thank you for posting very NICE photo, what camera did you use? Phenomenol outcome on the Tri Coat!

Thanks! I used a Canon 5D MarkII but it wasn't the camera that made that photo ;) I could've gotten the same result with any digital camera that has manual controls.

That photo is actually a composite of three different shots. One shot was to get a good exposure of the brake lights against the wall. Another was to expose for the head and fog lights. The third was to expose for the paint (I used 2 off-camera flashes for this one).

What brand bulbs did you use?

Very nice

Thats one of the best photos on this forum....nice job!

Thanks guys! I'm running yellow Nokya H11 bulbs. I was tempted to go with H9s because they're a lot brighter but I wasn't sure how the Ex would handle the extra load. I didn't want to be the guinea pig this time. I'm running yellow Nokya 9005 bulbs in the fogs of my Jeep Grand Cherokee and they've been great. I have noticed that the 9005s have a richer/deeper yellow than the H11s but the H11s still look good.

Thanks guys! I'm running yellow Nokya H11 bulbs.

I remember reading that Nokyo's were crappy and burned out really quickly. I did read good things about Hoen bulbs, which are more than twice as expensive, though.

Hoen also makes a coated bulb that doesn't show the yellow for turn signals. It's actually silver and lights up yellow, and looks pretty cool.

I remember reading that Nokyo's were crappy and burned out really quickly. I did read good things about Hoen bulbs, which are more than twice as expensive, though.

Hoen also makes a coated bulb that doesn't show the yellow for turn signals. It's actually silver and lights up yellow, and looks pretty cool.
Yeah I've read some bad reviews on Nokya too. It's probably just the guys who overpaid for bulbs like PIAA or something and are trying to justify their purchase. I've had the 9005 Nokyas in my Jeeps fog lights for almost two years and use them daily. They're still running strong.

Just ordered the Nokya bulbs for $26.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW I love that photo! Great job!

Back