Rubber IA Key case? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rubber IA Key case?

Okay, now I'm back to my normal state. Confused.:scratch: Isn't the idea of getting the cover to prevent accidental triggering of the buttons?

Peter

My guess is that the cut-outs would further recess the buttons, making accidental activation more challenging.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, now I'm back to my normal state. Confused.:scratch: Isn't the idea of getting the cover to prevent accidental triggering of the buttons?

Peter

For me it is. But it's also to protect it if you drop it.
VinceL
You took the words right out of my once future post. He He.

frdb24.jpg

Great minds think alike! :D

For me it is. But it's also to protect it if you drop it.
VinceL
You took the words right out of my once future post. He He.
I guess time will tell if it is a solution or not. I haven't had a problem with mine and carry it in my pocket all the time. I don't keep anything else in that pocket either. Perhaps that helps.
Good luck.

I noticed that the info on that little sticker on the back of the FOB with the part number and other info has completely worn off. Just to be safe I took a picture of the back of the FOB I don't use. I guess a cover would also help to protect that.

Peter

Great minds think alike! :D
If that is the case then why didn't I think of that too........oh, okay, never mind.;)

Peter

Not only do I have problems with accidentally setting off the panic, I have problems with it opening the hatch. There have been at least a dozen times I have come out of my house or office to find my hatch open to the world. Gives you sort of a sick-to-your-stomach feeling when I realize I had 2 or 3 laptops in there. I’ll be very glad to buy some form of a cover. Anything has to be better than what I have now. I did have a key fob cover for my Nissan Titan and it was great.

Quick question:

If you lock your car and then press the liftgate button on the remote, will the hatch open, or will the car locks prevent it?

Quick question:

If you lock your car and then press the liftgate button on the remote, will the hatch open, or will the car locks prevent it?

Must press liftgate button twice. And yes it will open when vehicle is locked.
brent.l
Been there. Done that!

Quick question:

Vince, As GWA1 said, you can open the liftgate when the Ex is locked. You can open it with the FOB or the liftgate handle button. When you the close the gate, it will lock itself as long as the Ex is still locked. No need to hit the lock button again.

Peter

Thanks everyone. I was kinda hoping that it wouldn't. Maybe a block of foam glued to the garage door would offer enough protection in the case of an accidental activation whilst in the garage.

Thanks everyone. I was kinda hoping that it wouldn't. Maybe a block of foam glued to the garage door would offer enough protection in the case of an accidental activation whilst in the garage.

Or you could turn it off and just use it manually.

Well now all I need is a garage!!!!:D

Or maybe a smaller more well designed fob.

Most definitely need a $6.99 fob cover. Waiting for mid-May.

Back