• Register Today It's free!

Problem Starting

tstock5

Reaction score
City, State
keene, Nh
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 ford explorer
Hello there. First off i am new to the forum here, My name its Tom. I have a 1995 explorer eddie bauer and a few days ago starting the car it took a few seconds, up till then it was fine. Today it started in the morning but at lunch it wouldn't start, it would turn over and try to start but couldn't do it. A few hours later the battery was completely dead. I then charged it via my cousins car and it stared right up... it would seem as though it wouldn't be the starter or the alternator... although that's all i can think. any ideas?

Check the fuel pressure.

Hello there. First off i am new to the forum here, My name its Tom. I have a 1995 explorer eddie bauer and a few days ago starting the car it took a few seconds, up till then it was fine. Today it started in the morning but at lunch it wouldn't start, it would turn over and try to start but couldn't do it. A few hours later the battery was completely dead. I then charged it via my cousins car and it stared right up... it would seem as though it wouldn't be the starter or the alternator... although that's all i can think. any ideas?
Hi Tom..

Checking the fuel pressure is always good but i find it odd that the battery died but then fired right up when jumped via cousins car. If it has been over 5-6yrs that a new battery has been intalled i would suspect that the battery could have a dead cell(s) and the few times you tried to crank it over basically took the little juice that it had left in it. these trucks pull quite a bit of juice at start up. I would take a multimeter and check the voltage after it has sat over night or even take it to autozone/advance auto and have them run a test on the battery and alternator, they do it for free.

It would be a good thing to test the fuel pressure and if the fuel filter has not been changed in the last 20-50k miles i would toss in a new one, not hard to do or expensive at all.

Welcome to the forum by the way, keep us updated and we will help you thru it.

Back