2009 Sport Trac Sound System Info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2009 Sport Trac Sound System Info

motu201

Reaction score
Have 2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin with factory Nav and Sub
Does anyone have any amp specs and wiring diagrams for this system
Wanting to upgrade the sound system with out replacing the head unit

Subscribing as I am interested in the same. Want to keep the nav radio but add new amps and speakers all around.

I just swapped in the nav in place of my cd6. This required removal of the sat unit in the passenger kick panel to add the four channel factory amp. The cd6 and nav are opposite. The cd6 has amp internal and sat module. The nav has sat internal and amp separate.

So, with that, I would believe the remote amp in the kick panel should have low level wires running to it. I believe the same for the sub amp. What I don't know is if you can simply put RCA terminals on these and run into the the amp or if you need to coonvert. Have not found a clear answer to this.

Me too interested?

Can anyone help????

Subscribing as I am interested in the same. Want to keep the nav radio but add new amps and speakers all around.

I just swapped in the nav in place of my cd6. This required removal of the sat unit in the passenger kick panel to add the four channel factory amp. The cd6 and nav are opposite. The cd6 has amp internal and sat module. The nav has sat internal and amp separate.

So, with that, I would believe the remote amp in the kick panel should have low level wires running to it. I believe the same for the sub amp. What I don't know is if you can simply put RCA terminals on these and run into the the amp or if you need to coonvert. Have not found a clear answer to this.

Back