• Register Today It's free!

Audison Factory Nav/Sync Help...

CuzRocka1980

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 STA
Afternoon, I have a 2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with Factory Nav with Sync. I have been searching for about 4 days now and all I have found is the wiring diagrams from AutoZone.com which are not really that helpful being that everything is not laid out in one nice diagram. Anyone have a nice diagram of the Audio wiring?

Anyway, so my plan is to install the following (keeping the stock HU):

Audision BitOne.1 SP
Hertz HSK-165 XL Components up front
Hertz ECX-570 for the rear doors
Two 10" Hertz ES 250 subs
All powered by a Hertz HDP5 Amp

I am trying to figure out:

1. If the Amp in the rear powers all the speakers in the car or just the factory sub.

2. I never hooked up a BitOne before so please bear with me. For the BitOne, do I only need one speaker output wire from my stock HU to signal the BitOne or do I need all four speakers + the sub wires to go into the BitOne? Trying to figure out if I will be wiring to the Preamp'd side of what. Confused here.

3. Should I rewire all the speakers from the Hertz HDP5 Amp directly?

Thanks for any help in advance,

V.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in the process of adding a 5-ch to my '04 Audiophile.

1. the amp for the speakers are in the Stock HU. That rear amp should only be for the factory sub. I'm not 100% as i have not seen the NAV unit.

2. I'm looking to add a 5-ch amp too. I think your going to need all 4 speakers and sub wires going into that 5-ch as speaker level inputs.

3. Rather than running wires back to the factory harness, it seemed easier and shorter to run new wires to the doors from the amp. I also upgrade to a heavier gage wire. Another thing i want to do is add tweeter to the dash, so i ran 6 wires total. The front door cross-overs will be next to the amp.

PM me and i'll try to send you what i have for the ST. Just a note the wiring in my '04 is not the same as an '05 and later. There was a change in the harness where they went from World Plugs (black plugs in back of the radio) to Phase II (grey plugs). Harness adapters vary.

With the bitone you need to hook up 4 channels or else you will loose fadding and balancing.

Personally i would cheat... meaning spending a few dollars extra to not cut any harnesses to get signal.

i would buy both of these harnesses:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12665_Metra-71-5520.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...ut[query_id]=9039645&SearchClickout[Ignore]=1

the 71-5520 will plug into the back of your radio. use this to grab the signal to the bitone. then use the 70-5520 and have the speaker wire from the amp to these speaker wires. and connect the other colors together (red to red, yellowto yellow...)

i personally would mount the bitone near the amp so you dont need long rca cables.

I will be running a thicker guage as you suggested from the Amp to the doors, might as well do it all now. How guage do you suggest?

So then according to the Bit One tech sheet, the Stock HU is a Pre Amplified Source and will be then connected to the Bit One's Amplified Channels, correct?

The amp will most likely be under the rear seat and the bit one will be behind the rear seats along with the two 10s. To grab the signal for the bit one what guage wire will i need to extend to the back of the rear seat where the bit one and amp will be?

Currently I have a LockPick installed due to the addition of a reverse camera and DVD/Nav unlocking. Will either Metra harness interfer with LockPick?

On the 71-5520, I will be connecting the 8 speaker wires to the Bit One to grab the signal. What happens to the OE Amp? Do I just disconnect it and remove it totally (What I planned on doing)?

For the 70-5520, I am just cutting the connector off and using the wires for color codes and dont need the actual connector?

I used 18ga, expecting 50w a speaker. Sub is 10ga and 200w. Don't quote me if that is the correct gauge or not.

Im going to plug in a 5 channel amp but the amp supports speaker level inputs. Radio is like 50w a channel or 4.5v. Sub circuit is UN-amplified. With my stock HU, Audiophile i found that without the stock sub amp the radio wouldn't put out any sub signal. Some guy said he was able to bypass it somehow, i'm not 100%. So i'm going to use it too.

71-5520 plugs into the radio to pull off speaker level outs.
70-5520 plugs into the existing harness to pull power/ground/Delay ACC. My plan is to wire the 3 wires between the two plugs. Since you running new wires to the doors, 8 wires (speaker) of 70-5520 will not be used. Rest of the wires i'll jumper them from one connector to the other.

It kinda of will make a bridge? If that makes sense.

It actually makes perfect sense. Thank you!

18G should be enough for my 6.5's and my 5x7's. My 6.5 components push around 150W RMS but the AMP will push 100W x 4. I should be safe with 18G.

The Metra comes with 7 Inches of wire, now I have to figure out how to get that all the way to the back where the Bit One will be! Grr, looks like alot of labeling and soldering awaits me lol. The Metra harness is 20G or 24G?, I can pick up wire at a local spot and just insure its all labeled properly and I should be golden. Or do you suggest another way extending to the trunk?

Back