power steering fail! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

power steering fail!

jmann

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer
I am frustrated with ford! My power steering has failed and the part is on back order with no ETA! They have had my ford explorer for 5 weeks with no idea when I will get it back. I have only made 3 payment on this vehicle. Is anyone else having this issue? what is ford going to do to comp these people???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I once bought a VW and before the first payment had the airbag light come on it took 4 weeks to get the part. I didnt get any compensation from VW although the dealer did give me a loaner car. Parts fail and supply chain issues happen, it's not nessarlly Ford's fault.

This is under investigation...it will probably be a recall issue. They have over 800 people in the same situation as myself. I understand "things happen" but to be honest the customer service just gives the run around. The problem is ford they produced a faulty product and now they do not know how to fix it. It would be different if they could give a ETA but the product isn't even in production. So as the consumer I am just supose to wait until they get their act together.... I am in customer service and my customers would not take that. Ford needs to do something to comp these people.

I am frustrated with ford! My power steering has failed and the part is on back order with no ETA! They have had my ford explorer for 5 weeks with no idea when I will get it back. I have only made 3 payment on this vehicle. Is anyone else having this issue? what is ford going to do to comp these people???

If you are that upset about it, consider filing a lemon claim. Whether or not you qualify may depend on the state, but for example in Minnesota, a lemon is:

Four or more unsuccessful attempts to repair the same defect; or
One unsuccessful attempt to repair a defect which has caused the complete failure of the steering or braking system and which is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury; or,
A car which has been out of service due to warranty repairs for 30 or more cumulative business days.
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/MN_LemonGuide.html

sounds like you may qualify under the last provision if the car has been in the shop for 5 weeks.

keep in mind that you don't always have to file for a lemon, but you may be able to use that as leverage to get some compensation.

Back