Help Help .. doors locked while the key in the car | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help Help .. doors locked while the key in the car

oyster

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
please Help me

my daughter lock the car by pressing on last two bottoms of the driver door

i don't have spare key
i don't remember the code of the door

my car is Ford Explorer 2002 ( USA )

please help me in order to open the car

many thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Remove shirt. Wrap around knuckles. Make a fist. Punch hard. Acquire keys. Charge daughter for new window. Unless she's little and it was an accident and she didn't know.
jkjk. The only way I know to change the key number is from inside the car...so that wouldn't help. Maybe do one of those things with the coat hanger that people do in movies?
If possible, check with the previous owner to see if they know the password for the door? Gosh I'm useless... darn

thank you for reply

the previous owner doesn't remember the Code ! :(

i have the Chassis No. .. is this helpful ?

any other suggestion please

see other post

any links please

i've did search but didn't get any direct help..

At this point all I can think of is calling a locksmith.

Get a tennis ball, cut alittle hole in it, put said hole up to where the key goes then slam the tennis ball with your hand. The air pressure will force the lock open.

call the local PD and see if they'll open it if not call a locksmith or pop a lock..

Hate to break it to you, but the tennis ball trick, is just that a trick and does not actually work. I've been a locksmith for over 35 years and its been written up a few times in the trade mags. Also Ford uses a rigid cam on the back of the lock, which means no slim jim without very likely damaging the linkage. With Fords over the years the two main ways of breaking in are either picking the lock or bypassing to the inside of the vehicle. If you have electric locks sometimes you can spread the door from the frame (carefully, carefully) enough to get a rigid wire inside to press the lock/unlock button. Otherwise as was suggested call your local locksmith to do it right. The money you spend will be worth it in the end to avoid damaging the locks or doors.

Once you retrieve the keys, if you don't want to spend the money on getting a spare with the PATS you can still get a key made without a chip relatively cheaply. This will open the door locks, though won't start the car.

Wait he's in Bahrain.. I doubt the police offers that or even pop lock is available..

Wedge open the top of the door. Put a metal coat hanger between the door and the roof. Aim for the power lock button. If you can hit it you will unlock your doors.

.. as was suggested call your local locksmith to do it right. The money you spend will be worth it in the end to avoid damaging the locks or doors.

A good locksmith can quote you over the phone, and can be there in 20 minutes or less. Generally 40 bucks or so- it will save time, panic, and damaged parts.

Rip your doors off, make tube doors, and convert to a rock crawling beast.
Just giving some options...lol

Wedge open the top of the door. Put a metal coat hanger between the door and the roof. Aim for the power lock button. If you can hit it you will unlock your doors.

I have done this 2 times, works good but it does put some scratches in the door jam.

If you have the original owners manual, the code might still be inside.

Hopefully it's not in the glove box...

Back