• Register Today It's free!

Good News Story

bamacommander

Reaction score
City, State
FLORIDA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT FORD EXPLORER
Someone hit my back bumper last month and did about $1200 worth of damage. It was minor, in that they had to replace the plastic bumper and rear back up sensor wire harness. No damage to the frame or metal. When the rear sensor wire harness broke it messed up the MFT where it would not work properly. Now that I got it back from the shop I had to reboot the MFT system. Prior to this reboot for the last 5 months I had issues with the Bluetooth, nav, USB, and the speed of the systems response. After the reboot all of these issues are gone. It's like I have a new vehicle. When all else fails try the reboot option. Be sure to remove the SD card and Memory stick from the USB port.:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good to know! Thanks

Years ago good advice was to wiggle the rabbit ears, replace some fuses or give it a good smack., today it s "when in doubt re-boot"

So glad that worked for you. When I did help desk/call center support for a software package - that was *ALWAYS* the first thing we suggested - REBOOT! It solved some really wacked out problems and off they went. Never could explain *why* it worked - (neither could the company). But it did :)

Reboot is a good thing. I loaded the reboot file onto an old USB stick (256MB, and yes, they used to be that small, and when we got it were happy to be paying only $50 for it!!) to use and keep handy. Only needed it once so far, but it worked like a charm!

FordMomof3! I was wondering where you went... haven't seen you around here in a while :)

That would be the "Mom of 3" part... I only have one and can't find time to do anything... :D

Where does one acquire this reboot file.

FordMomof3! I was wondering where you went... haven't seen you around here in a while

Hey VinceL! I've been following along on your vacation post - just can't find the time to formulate a coherent post :)

And JoeDirt had it right. 3 kids, 3 different schools (#1 in HIGH SCHOOL - O..M..G..) and then the elementary school where #3 goes offered me a full time gig for the first 10 days. That's up on Monday. I'm also doing a 2hr stint at lunchtime at that school so I'm gone from 8:20-4:30 doing 3 jobs. EEKS!! I sure hope the paycheck is nice :)

I'll try to catch up next week. All is good :)

Hey VinceL! I've been following along on your vacation post - just can't find the time to formulate a coherent post :)

And JoeDirt had it right. 3 kids, 3 different schools (#1 in HIGH SCHOOL - O..M..G..) and then the elementary school where #3 goes offered me a full time gig for the first 10 days. That's up on Monday. I'm also doing a 2hr stint at lunchtime at that school so I'm gone from 8:20-4:30 doing 3 jobs. EEKS!! I sure hope the paycheck is nice :)

I'll try to catch up next week. All is good :)

Cool, glad to hear that all is well, if a little (or a lot!) busy :)

LOL, when I first typed busy, I typed 'busty'. Jeez, I and didn't have the spell checker to back me up on that one. Goodness, it is too early yet! :D

Welcome to my <early> world... Kid #1 leaves the house to catch her bus at 6:48. #2 at 7:25 and we leave at 8:20. Crazy crazy schedules. I'll have more time after Monday :)

Back