• Register Today It's free!

Grim Reaper Update

Hammer Down

Reaction score
City, State
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 "Grim Reaper" ST
Well it's official, I'm 98% complete with this damn money pit. I found the last NIB set of Bushwacker Pocket Flares in existence! AND the best part is, I got them shipped to my door, painted, and installed (them myself) for a total of $400. Not a bad addition and I needed them to cover these wide @ss meats :)

The last 2% to complete this build consists of finding a set of taillight guards... who has them?? and then getting this bad boy re-geared.

I also managed to fab up some mud flaps and get those installed to keep from flinging rocks down the side of my truck. I know on my old white one, I beat the hell out of the drivers doors and step sides from those 10" tires. I'm not about to do that again. I know it's not the cleanest mud flaps out there, but they're functional.

Once again, bring on the comments, questions, critics... I'm here to help!!

Oh and Merry Christmas, you filthy animals! :D

photo5_zps3217779d.jpg

photo4_zpsc694647a.jpg

photo6_zpsb50652a4.jpg

Earlier in the year... GO POKES!! (not the season we had last year, but oh well)
photo3_zps32b3769f.jpg

photo2_zps86aeb7a3.jpg

photo1_zps7c5861f6.jpg

And now for the goods. Thanks goes out to Paints Unlimited again... best body shop in the mid-west.

photo10_zps42f669ed.jpg

She's pretty dirty from playing in the snow/mud here in Kansas. More pics to come!
photo9_zps21ae2531.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the mud flaps. I remember there was a member on MYST.com with a set of taillight guards, the guy just rolled his Trac and was parting it out.

The flares look good painted to match the truck.

Looks good. Impressive find. You were obviously willing to put in the extra work nobody else wanted to do to find them. :thumbsup:

finding a set of taillight guards... who has them??

Then you follow it with this...maybe the second hardest part to find new. LOL Currently assumed unavailable I think. If they're out there, I don't doubt you'll find them, though. Good luck.

I emailed Arturo on the other forum about the taillight guards and a bunch of other stuff but didn't end up getting any of it. Not sure if he still has them or not.

First time I don't mind the flares on a trac, probably since they're painted gloss black. Such a clean truck

That truck would look really good with a Tal & Hadas rear sport bar on it (either stainless steel now or painted/powder coated black). You wanna talk about impossible to find aftermarket parts for our Trac's, there's only five in North America and I have one. Think about it man, I've been reluctantly trying to sell it just because I need the room in my shed back.

How do those flares mount double sided tape or are those "bolts" real?

the painted flares look at home on there with those big meaty tires.

were these the flares from winnipeg by chance?

Were going to need some hi-res pics of your Trac now lol

I love this truck! Great job. Your truck has been tons of motivation for me.

The flares mount by using 3M tape around the top and the factory inner wheelwell screws IIRC. Correct me if they changed that.

in the before they were painted pics you can see theres no bolt holes in the flares and then where there installed, you can see the bolts. probably both 3m tape and bolts.

I like the mud flaps. I remember there was a member on MYST.com with a set of taillight guards, the guy just rolled his Trac and was parting it out.

Thanks... I was tired of flinging rocks down this already beat up paint job, so I thought would fab some up. I'll have to check and see if that guy still has them!

The flares look good painted to match the truck.

Thank you... I agree, the black painted makes them blend in and not look so big and cheesy looking. Plus I think it helps the truck look a little more proportional (wide) now.

Looks good. Impressive find. You were obviously willing to put in the extra work nobody else wanted to do to find them. :thumbsup:

Then you follow it with this...maybe the second hardest part to find new. LOL Currently assumed unavailable I think. If they're out there, I don't doubt you'll find them, though. Good luck.

I emailed Arturo on the other forum about the taillight guards and a bunch of other stuff but didn't end up getting any of it. Not sure if he still has them or not.

Thank you thank you! I'm not going to lie, I'm a little stubborn. When I want to build something I don't stop until I source all the parts. If I don't find the taillight guards, I can always just fab some up. Thanks again!

First time I don't mind the flares on a trac, probably since they're painted gloss black. Such a clean truck

Thank you sir... I'm going to have to agree. I know midnightrebel and I had words earlier over these big, bulky, goofy looking flares, but I knew once I got them painted and installed they would fit the overall obnoxious look of the truck! :D

That truck would look really good with a Tal & Hadas rear sport bar on it (either stainless steel now or painted/powder coated black). You wanna talk about impossible to find aftermarket parts for our Trac's, there's only five in North America and I have one. Think about it man, I've been reluctantly trying to sell it just because I need the room in my shed back.

Is this that toyota style rear rollover bar? I think I've seen this before... refresh my memory again. I do like having a tonneau cover tho!

How do those flares mount double sided tape or are those "bolts" real?

The flares actually fit so tight to the body that all you need to do is apply the rubber seal to the body side of the flare (attaches to flare with 3m double sided tape) and then just use the exisiting screws that hold the inner fender lining tight to the lip of the fender. So basically they are held on with 4-6 fender screws and that's all.... no double sided tape holding it to the truck at all. You could bolt them to the truck if you wanted, but that's just asking for rust issues.

the painted flares look at home on there with those big meaty tires.

were these the flares from winnipeg by chance?

Were going to need some hi-res pics of your Trac now lol

Thank you kind sir... yes they were and I needed that extra coverate with 12" of tires sticking out. I'll get some good shots once it warms up. It's hard to get this thing clean... but some pics of it working in 24" of snow might be pretty cool too :thumbsup:

I love this truck! Great job. Your truck has been tons of motivation for me.

You got it man, I'm always here to help!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS AND HELP!!

I'm on my phone right now do I can't post pictures. You can see it mounted to my Trac in my albums or just search Tal & Hadas rear sport bar on here or google. Not too many pictures on different Trac's because they're so rare, like I said, five in all of North America (my bad, four left, the one Trac was rolled three times). The bar itself survived for the most part short of scratches and some dings but was crushed at the crusher with what was left of the Trac.

Those look great! Really fit with the whole build of the truck! Glad you finally found them!

Hey Hammer Down can you shoot me some better pics of your trac and details. You did pretty much what I am going for even got the same roof rack and looking for fender flares too. My email is elliottcarlose at yahoo.

Hey Hammer Down can you shoot me some better pics of your trac and details. You did pretty much what I am going for even got the same roof rack and looking for fender flares too. My email is elliottcarlose at yahoo.

I will gladly shoot you pics when I get my truck back. I was driving to my parents for the holidays, went to pass a semi at about 78mph into 30mph wind, with a fully loaded truck and my tranny gave way. I guess it didn't like pushing 35"s around and constantly downshifting. I'm currently researching 4.56 gears so if anyone has a detailed list of what I need and where to order from I would appreciate it.

Thanks all and I"ll keep you posted!!

Here's a few more of the fabbed up front brackets... I had to kick them back 3" to keep my tires off the flap on the inner side.
photo8_zps85e87389.jpg

photo7_zpsab64c0d0.jpg

Sweet I only have 2" TT and 3" body lift and 33" KM2

Back