• Register Today It's free!

Couple of Questions

Blue Raptor

Reaction score
City, State
Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Just wondering how the 20" tires hold up. Who has the most miles on the 20"s? Another question, how long is the MFT warranty on the 2013 exps?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

APIM Module is 5 years, unlimited mileage

I just received a letter in the mail today stating that the warranty on the Accessory Protocol Interface Module(APIM) has been extended to 5 years regardless of mileage as part of Customer Satisfaction Program 12M02. I believe this was talked about a month or two ago on the forum but it is the first official notification I've received.

The APIM makes up a large portion of the MFT system.

Thanks for the info. Thats good to know.

Just wondering how the 20" tires hold up. Who has the most miles on the 20"s?

We're pushing about 18,000 miles on ours that we've owned for about a year and half, tires seem to be holding up pretty well. There are definitely others on the forum that have far more miles than that, hopefully they'll weigh in.

37000 miles and still looking good. Although it seems that they ride a little harder.

Just wondering how the 20" tires hold up. Who has the most miles on the 20"s?

I replaced the 20" Hankooks back in November after about 55,000 miles. They were great tires. Could have gone another 5-10,000 miles, easily, but didn't want to risk it in the midwest with winter approaching.

That sounds good. I was hoping for around 45-50k. 20" tires arent that cheap. Thanks for all of this greats info!

Back