Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin Custom Grill | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin Custom Grill

turbo1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Since there are no real good grill options from any manufacturers I decided to make my own. There isn't a retrofit to make an Adrenalin fit on our Explorers so I had to make my own. This is the look from the Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin that I was going for:

bbr2.jpg

This is what I came up with:
044vi.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not bad!

Ok I thought this would get a lot more attention but I guess I went wrong somewhere? Too much grill in the grill spaces? Make the chrome black? Help me out here. So far $400 invested.

I would paint it black. Silver truck with a chrome grille, too many "light" colors, just makes it all blend together and you want a little something to contrast it.

So I would say either paint the grille black or maybe the trim instead?

Edit: Or maybe you could remove all the mesh except for the center piece and paint that black, or keep it and paint all the mesh and leave the grill itself black.

Or you could just do this for like $100 dollars. eBay.

xlwmpz.jpg

rk4kzp.jpg

xlwmpz.jpg

rk4kzp.jpg

I have looked at those burt cannot find one with the top hood piece in black. Where did you get it on ebay and how did you move the Ford emblem?
Thanks
Ted

Ditched the previous grill went with this:
Upper molding used black 3m 1080 vinyl.

securedownloadmf.jpg

Answered your PM. Just so everyone knows, I painted the stock chrome piece using etching primer and black paint.

How was the process? I want to do this to my current chrome 07 ST grille.

Thanks!!

Hi; I know it's been a while on this thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a workable way to get the Adrenalin grille onto an 07 XLT?

Or is the best option to get a Adrenalin grille still: Buy the entire Adrenalin.

I know this is an old thread... but thinking of doing an Adrenalin front end too. I've since supercharged and want it to look like it :)

RE your question... I think you need to swap all the front panels since they are all different. The frame and mounting points should all be the same so ... I'm thinking I'm gonna wait till I find a wrecked adrenalin ST and just swap the front 1/4 panels, hood, bumper, grill, lights, etc (I have a 4-door supercharged XLT with the same silver/gray colour pattern as you). I think the frame is all the same just different paneling on the front end.

I also really really don't like the stock dark gray-chrome-silver combo. Don't know why ford did that... 3 colours? I'm buying colour matched paint to match the paneling to the body (and all the chrome highlights), do up the Adrenalin front end, and just have black grill.

I'm also working on a 5speed swap out of an 07 ranger :) Gonna be a fun 4.0L Ex when all is done!

Hi; I know it's been a while on this thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a workable way to get the Adrenalin grille onto an 07 XLT?

Or is the best option to get a Adrenalin grille still: Buy the entire Adrenalin.
It doesn't fit so will require modding not sure how it will come out in the end...

I think the left and right doors are the same (adrenalin to non). So if you swap out all the panels (ie front left/right corner panels, hood, bumper, headlights, etc) it's totally doable :)

It would look pretty sweet too!

xlwmpz.jpg

rk4kzp.jpg

I know someone asked this already - but I did not see an answer. How did you get the Ford Emblem on the grill??? I looked and most come with NO emblem on the aftermarket grills. Please help! Thanks!

Keep in mind the Adrenalin does not have fender flares. So your current wheel arch moldings will suddenly stop short and not look right. Especially if they are not body-colored.

Adrenalin does not have a unique hood, FYI.

Re: the Ford emblem. I simply re-used the stock emblem. You'll have to cut the chrome surround flat in order to fit the assembly flush against the mesh grill. It'll make more sense once you have yours taken off. The studs on the backside of the emblem are short, so I reattached the nut-type fasteners and safety wired them to the mesh grill. Thousands and miles and dozens of car washes later, Ford emblem is still attached.
IMG_0735_zpsgf04zezc.jpg

The Ford is the white one, LOL...

Keep in mind the Adrenalin does not have fender flares. So your current wheel arch moldings will suddenly stop short and not look right. Especially if they are not body-colored.

Re: the Ford emblem. I simply re-used the stock emblem. You'll have to cut the chrome surround flat in order to fit the assembly flush against the mesh grill. It'll make more sense once you have yours taken off. The studs on the backside of the emblem are short, so I reattached the nut-type fasteners and safety wired them to the mesh grill. Thousands and miles and dozens of car washes later, Ford emblem is still attached.
IMG_0735_zpsgf04zezc.jpg

The Ford is the white one, LOL...

What did you use to cut the emblem??? Thanks for the tips!

I love the

IMG_0735_zpsgf04zezc.jpg

First off I love that look of your grill...got a few questions....
1. Is that one of those chrome aftermarket mesh grills I have seen on ebay?
2. Did you paint in the mesh area black or did it come that way?
3. What company made it and did it fit well into your truck with out rigging anything?

Thanks,
Rod

I installed the black eBay grille in my Sport Trac this summer, and painted the chrome hood trim piece. I also installed the black STA/Ironman-style headlights, a pair of tinted fog lights, and a "ST" badge/emblem in the grille.

2016-10-31 One Year Later-1.JPG

I installed the black eBay grille in my Sport Trac this summer, and painted the chrome hood trim piece. I also installed the black STA/Ironman-style headlights, a pair of tinted fog lights, and a "ST" badge/emblem in the grille.

View attachment 94021
sorry, I know this is several years old but do you remember what these rims are called? This is a great looking truck and the style in looking to replicate. Thanks for the reply!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry, I know this is several years old but do you remember what these rims are called? This is a great looking truck and the style in looking to replicate. Thanks for the reply!
They're the OEM rims that were part of the "Adrenalin" package.

Back