• Register Today It's free!

Rear passenger window

kylecolb

Reaction score
City, State
Oshkosh, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Ok, so my rear passenger window is not working right. I can unroll the window from the drivers set of buttons, but I cannot roll it up or down from the passenger set. Also, I can only sometimes roll it up from the drivers side. How would I fix this? I just noticed the problem today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

Electrical issue. First thing I'd say is check the connections

EDIT: Is the lights in the rear passenger window switch on?

Ok, so my rear passenger window is not working right. I can unroll the window from the drivers set of buttons, but I cannot roll it up or down from the passenger set. Also, I can only sometimes roll it up from the drivers side. How would I fix this? I just noticed the problem today.

Electrical issue. First thing I'd say is check the connections

EDIT: Is the lights in the rear passenger window switch on?

kylecolb, I agree with Nate. Make sure you don't have the windows locked out from the driver's master switch. If the windows are not locked out then check the connections at the rear passenger switch, then at the driver's master switch.

Here's how to access the connections:

Remove Interior Door Handle Cover - Use butter knife or putty knife to pry up front of cover then remove:

1bRemoveInteriorDoorHandleCover.jpg

Remove Window/Lock Switch Assembly - Lift up at point indicated by red arrow:

1cRemoveWindow_LockSwitch.jpg

Check the connections. Driver's master switch has 3 connectors, the rear passenger switch has only 1 connector:

1caDRIVERONLY-RemoveConnectors.jpg

If all the connections look good then check for broken/damaged wires. Many electrical issues can be traced back to broken/damaged wire(s) in the boot between the body and the door. I found a broken wire and repaired it and all is back to normal! Take your time and look really good at all the wires!!

Here is a great thread for checking for broken/damaged wires, thanks to synyster for this awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

If you can't find any broken/damaged wires then: Here is a great link for troubleshooting the power windows, thanks to theofam for this great link Dead Link Removed If you follow this, it should pinpoint the exact issue.

Good luck and keep us posted! :biggthump

The master window lock is not on. I will have to check the wires after all my college exams and papers due this next week. After gun deer season i should have some spare time.

thanks guys. hope i can get this figured out

The master window lock is not on. I will have to check the wires after all my college exams and papers due this next week. After gun deer season i should have some spare time.

thanks guys. hope i can get this figured out

Cool. :cool: Do well on the exams and bag a couple of deer. Then report back to us on how you make out! ;)

Oh yeah, we'll want exam scores and the deer tally as well as the report on the window. :popcorn:

You got in Rondo

These are the mounts in my room from the last "good" gun season we had. A few years back, the buck on the right is mine, the buck on the left is my dads. We had 5 guys in our party and had 5 nice bucks like these down before noon on opening day
. All the guys on land around us didn't shoot anything. Mine is a 10 and dad's an 8 pt.

Hoping for something along these lines again. We got them mounted because it was the first time we both shot bucks the same day and they were both good bucks.

I also bowhunt, just haven't been able to in 4 years because of college taking up time.

n1601550118_30043145_3575.jpg

n1601550118_30043143_2978.jpg

Both of those are some nice looking bucks :thumbsup: Better than anything I have seen around here in the Ogden mountains. Problem I have found is these nature centers and preserves attract the deer during hunting season. So there aren't too many to go around some years.

we have seen a good drop in numbers of deer around us over the past few years. I haven't shot a deer in 2 years now. Either too far or too small.

just fixed my passenger front window i had a broken black wire and wht/yellow. next week ill fix the rear passenger window. thanks for the help guys

Back