• Register Today It's free!

Box question??

XplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
Bedford, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
Is there a big difference in sound between and bandpass inclosure and just a regular box?

A bandpass enclosure will give you a very boomy response from your subs. The frequency range of a bandpass box is pretty narrow. It'll only be loud in a short range or frequncies. A sealed or ported enclosure will give you much tighter bass and your subs will sound much better. Bandpass boxes are also more expensive and much bigger than sealed or ported enclosures. I would stay with a sealed or ported, they will be just as loud if not louder and perform much better than a bandpass.

Steve

i agree with what steve said.

go for sealed or ported.

Thought I'd add my 2-Cents, but YES, stick with Sealed or Ported/Vented. Bandpass is very boomy and may not give u the "kick-in-the-pants" that you are looking for in something such as TIGHT bass which can only be found in, again, Sealed or Ported. Ported Subs work more effeciently, can give you just a little BOOM that I find, ALWAYS nice, and moves the air in and out of the box, so it actually keeps the sub cool to some extent, when played at high levels for a period of time.

However, Sealed Subs give you that TIGHTER, KICK-in-the-Pants Bass. I personally have 2-Ported Cerwin-Vega, Vega 12's and I LOOOOVe the nice BOOM and KICK-in-the-heart bass that it puts out. :D

Hope this helped some.

-Mike Perry

Back