• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport Lift/Level Questions

03Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Sport
I'm sure the answer to this is somewhere out there but, I thought it may be quicker to just post.

I currently have Torsion Keys and TT in the front which is sitting at 36.25 (measured to the top/center of the wheel well), the back has 2" shackles and measures 34.25. I just did the TT last week and it has been very bouncy hitting any size bumps. I'm not sure what I need to do to improve this, I'm guessing possibly front shocks?...I'm also on a tight budget so that is another problem. I plan on doing AAL in the back to level it out. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The more you adjust the front the stiffer it will be

It seems pretty stiff going over speed bumps and things but just driving down the road on regular dips and pot holes, etc...it seems "bouncy"...That's the best way I can describe it.

Sounds like your front shocks might not be working any more.

It seems pretty stiff going over speed bumps and things but just driving down the road on regular dips and pot holes, etc...it seems "bouncy"...That's the best way I can describe it.

Is this your first lifted vehicle going from stock? Is so it is the more you mess with IFS front ends it seems to make them bounce , since you did TT and keys (which I'm hoping this is on a 2wd) you might have put your shocks out there normal range you might have to get longer ones not knowing how much you raised it

You will also need an alignment. That could be a possible cause as well.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will try the alignment first being I have an auto shop at my disposal.

If you have 2wd you can do a drop spindle to raise the front another 3" and a bl 3" there are sticky posts that discuss all your options

Back