93 cranks no start code 14

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
I have a code 14 which is a circuit fault in the ignition... Where do I start looking though for the source? I can sas an explorer just fine but electronic issues are black magic to me. Just looking for a nudge in the right direction. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CODE 14 is (PIP) Ignition Profile Pickup circuit failure.

These engines use the Crankshaft Position Sensor, for the PIP.

Code 14 + No start = Replace the Crankshaft Position sensor.

Cheap, easy, Done! :salute:

Definitely go with MotorCraft. $75 at the AP store.

OK trying the tap idea right now. Just waiting for the electrical cleaner to dry. I've had a hard start issue for a while now. The truck doesn't get driven much. That CPS has definitely been underwater though. If I were to clear the codes would that show on a koeo test
?

OK.... To test i'm going to seeing by that pull a part and get a new CPs. I have a test light and I do have power to the coil. I might throw my old coil on to see if I may had a bad one (another pull a part piece). I'm showing no spark at all right now. Pulled a plug out put it on the manifold hit the starter switch and nothing.

Ok so i did some ckp testing. I have voltage to the sensor. However, i'm picking up no ac volt at the sensor while cranking the engine. I took it off and put it in my vice, hooked up my leads and passed a screw driver past the pickup and nothing as well. Does this sound like a thorough test?

Code 14 + No start = Replace the Crankshaft Position sensor.

Back