Custom Explorer bumper idea

awmenard

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Hello to all,

I was reading this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381499

The question was, can the explorer front fascia be modded? The answer is simple. Yes when you are dealing with automobiles anything can be done, the question is how much will it cost? and can someone qualified do the work?

So I had an idea, I'm not a photoshop expert but I can do a few things, so please dont bash me its not perfect
(I did this at 2am)

I think one of the nicest trucks out there is the Jeep SRT8, so why not give the Ex a little bit of that flavour.

This is something I would really like to do to my Ex, the only problem is finding the SRT8 bumper. A little cut here and some molding their lol

Like I said before anything can be done. The real question is how much?

Here is a pic, Enjoy and please comment.

srt8explorersport.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

69 views and not a single comment... Well now 1 lol C'mon people.

Maybe those 69 viewers were thinking "my mother always said..."

In all seriousness though the pic looks great and I think you did a wonderful job on the photoshop. Not really digging the style too much. Maybe because the amount that it flairs out? Still sweet picture though.

Well I think it looks neat. You know what would be the best thing about doing it is? You would be the only one out there that had the bumper.

like bj said == my momma always told me if you can't say something nice....
don't say anything at all :)

but it is YOUR car and, thus far, we still have some freedom to do some things.... so best hurry !

Now, the led's interest me since the audi's we had have had leds for a while and surprised the sport doesn't have any (yet !)

That is a great looking pic. I would definitely go for something like it.

First off, great job on the photoshop. Second, IMHO, it's an Explorer. I'm not a fan of making a car look like another car. If I really liked the look of the SRT-8, I would have gotten that instead. Not saying I don't like body kits on cars, I just like it when it looks more OEM. All in all, to each his own. Great idea:thumbsup:

I Like!

I dont like the upper led bar in the bumper and prefer the round fog lights the Ex has in the lower portion of that bumper.

Wow that looks awesome. I saw the SRT today on my block and the drl's looks pretty good. I wish Ford starts implementing them in the new Explorers.

Looks good! thats what they should have done to the sport to make it stand out a little more

It's a little too much for my liking, but you are definitely on to something. The Sport should have had more of an "SRT8" influence, other than changing chrome to black and a few other minor optical changes....

Thanks for all the comments guys (good and bad) I agree that the Explorer Sport should of had a little more to diferentiate it from the other models.

Maybe something like different bumpers, one colour, just a little more then just blacking out.

Jeep really has it, they have different bumpers depending on the models.

Anyways if someone has an idea that could look nice let me know.

make it sit about 20 inches more off the ground and i am in,,

Just an idea, do you guys know what are the chances of proposing an idea to a shop and have them fabricate something cool?

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, lots of new members so just want some of your taughts...
Like or dislike ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been looking to do something with my front bumper...
This is unique for sure and I'm interested to see how it works out...
Good luck

Back