2006 explorer limited nav deck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 explorer limited nav deck

jhart804

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer limite
I have just purchased a 2006 explorer limited that has a stock navigation deck in it but does not have a button for sat radio. There is also no antena for the sat radio. Is it possible that it does hav sat radio and just needs to have an antena hooked up to it for the feature to show?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I had a 2006 Ex EB with NAV. Sirius/XM was not an option with the radio when I bought it. I don't know about the Limited.

Stock units didn't have sat. radio until 2008.

I have just purchased a 2006 explorer limited that has a stock navigation deck in it but does not have a button for sat radio. There is also no antena for the sat radio. Is it possible that it does hav sat radio and just needs to have an antena hooked up to it for the feature to show?

The antenna would be a definite sign that it shipped with it. The actual module is located under the passenger side kick panel so it only takes a minute to verify if it's present or not.

That's not actually true. I have a 2006 that has sirius from the factory.

Wow, good to know... I thought it was in 2008 that the units got satellite radio which is when they started using Microsoft SYNC on the models.

Back