• Register Today It's free!

Sirius sat. radio

zeeman84

Reaction score
City, State
Darlington, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer
I have a 2006 Explorer with the Nav radio without the factory Sirius. My wife just purchased a 08 Escape Hybrid with Nav and Sirius from the factory, and after listening to her system on a long trip we just took, I wanted to check to see if it is possible to upgrade my unit. Has anyone had their dealership upgrade a Nav radio with Sirius that did not have it at the factory? Looking on Pioneer's website, I see that the Nav radios they supply to Ford are Sat ready. I am having the dealership check on this, just wanted to find out if anyone has had this done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2006 Explorer with the Nav radio without the factory Sirius. My wife just purchased a 08 Escape Hybrid with Nav and Sirius from the factory, and after listening to her system on a long trip we just took, I wanted to check to see if it is possible to upgrade my unit. Has anyone had their dealership upgrade a Nav radio with Sirius that did not have it at the factory? Looking on Pioneer's website, I see that the Nav radios they supply to Ford are Sat ready. I am having the dealership check on this, just wanted to find out if anyone has had this done.

See this thread for more information :

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179253

Steve

I have a 06 Explorer with factory NAV radio. Went to radiosandmore.com and found what I thought was the right sirius add on. Called just to make sure and turns out I had the wrong one. I ordered the right one, installed simply and now love it. Only problem is it comes with a stardard aftermarket antenna which glues/magnet on your car. I'm in the process of buying the factory satelite antenna for around a $100 and installing to give a cleaner look. The dealer said I could hide the aftermarket antenna in the plastic strip between the hood and the front window and it would work fine there.

Thanks for the replies. The dealer installed the tuner and Ant. today and the setup works great. Just like I would have ordered from the factory.

Zeeman, how much did it all cost?

Zeeman, how much did it all cost?

$400.00 for the parts(tuner and ant.)
$100.00 for the labor.

I received three months free when I activated the radio.

Sirius is great....I have a Sportster Replay in both my Ex and my Bronco....I have had it since Oct, 06 and havent listened to FM since...It's worth the $$.

Zeeman -have you played a DVD on the DVD player thru the speakers since you added the sirius? and have you tried to play the sirius thru the DVD player headphones? seems some have had problems with this setup when adding sirius factory parts and was curuious if you experienced them.

Zeeman -have you played a DVD on the DVD player thru the speakers since you added the sirius? and have you tried to play the sirius thru the DVD player headphones? seems some have had problems with this setup when adding sirius factory parts and was curuious if you experienced them.

Everything works except the Sirius does not play through the headphones. The parts manager called the supplier of the Sirius kit and the reply back that he received is that there is a software glitch that does not allow the Sirius to play through the DVD player headphones. This is not a problem for us, as our kids mainly watch movies with the DVD player as my wife and myself listen to the radio. Everything else about the system works great.

Back