Average age of 5th gen. owners | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Average age of 5th gen. owners

I'm 25, and my wife is 26. Bought up our 2014 Sport at the end of May. Loving it so far. We wanted something that could tow, wasn't a dog, and was comfortable. Would've waited for the 2015 (or to see what comes out for 2016), but my wife got a new job, and she had to return her 2010 Escape (company vehicle).

Only complaint so far is the fuel tank size. Our other vehicle is a Sonata turbo, which has literally the exact same size tank. I can and have gone 600+ miles in that car. The explorer is barely more than half that, even when I get the rated. Now we actually have to stop for gas instead of "holy crap its been 7 hours I have to pee like a mothertrucker, guess I'll get gas after".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

42, married with five kids. Thus the need for a family hauler.

2013 Limited 4WD

Mid 30s....

2013 XLT.... used when I'm OCONUS.
2014 Limited.... personal vehicle.

Looks like your build date is next Wednesday, the 9th.

Peter

Im 23. Bought a 2014 Explorer XLT with the 202A package. 4wd. Black leather, sun roof, Moon roof, power lift gate. So far I love everything about it.

photo.php

backin early 90'2 had a bronco II think it was a 87 i'm 47 now and just bought a 2000 explorer 58000 miles $830 police surplus auction

not a gen 5 but my 06 eb is my second explorer im 28... first one was a 99 eb

Peter,

I guess I didn't realize the 9th was the production date. Delivery ETA is the 17th thru the 23rd.

Looks like your build date is next Wednesday, the 9th.

Peter

I don't see any join date before 2010 in this thread, so you are all young whippersnappers to me.

I am 41. Hard to believe.

Love the Fox body mustangs spoiry. My bud has a 1989 Mustang GT with 40,000 miles on it, manual trans, etc.

The OP began this thread to get an idea of the age of owners of the 5th generation Explorer which didn't come out until 2011.

Peter

44 with '13 Sport.

Met my wife when she had 85 tempo--swore I'd never own another Ford--should never swear!

Anyway, she is my age and it's her car. Actually it's my son's--he is 7 and we got the exp for his and her safety. Wanted the bigger brakes. Turbo "just happened" to come with it... Oh well,

:cool:

Got it after renting A Lot of exps--and other cars. I travel a lot and live with many cars for a week at a time. There are a lot of ho-hum cars out there! Got really impressed with Ford and still am today. 14 months and 10k miles.

Wife recently purchase a 2012 Limited, I'm 43, she is... old. :)

Wife has been an SUV person for the last 3 vehicles, she enjoys the added feel of safety and height. Went to the Explorer because she wanted something a bit larger than her Edge, and wanted 3 rows.

39...until tomorrow. Still loving the Sport!

35 - '13 Explorer Sport - Got for more room on road trips now that we have a toddler.
Plus we traded in my F150 so we needed something that could haul if necessary.

delete

5th Gen Owners

A youthful 64

Did you just have a quick birthday TBill?

Peter

Naw, computer was slow in posting but not slow enough for me to have a birthday during the time. :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just turned 50. Looked at a sunset XLT on my birthday but the dealer woulnd't deal. Got dark gray XLT 202A 4WD a week later.

My fourth Explorer started with a 1995 2nd Gen XLT, then got a 2003 3rd Gen XLT V8 (my favorite by far; sold with 249k miles), got my wife a 4th Gen 2007 Eddie Bauer (wanted the black V8 but my wife had to have the white V6).

The fit and finished of the 2003 is no comparison to the other generations. It is one tough, beautiful vehicle that still looked almost new inside when I sold it.

Back