Average age of 5th gen. owners | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Average age of 5th gen. owners

44 with '13 Sport.

Met my wife when she had 85 tempo--swore I'd never own another Ford--should never swear!

I have that exact same story. I married my high school sweetheart but waited until I graduated college in 1986. Just before we got married she bought a demo, red, Tempo. It was a tragedy that made me a 'Honda Guy' until '95 when I had to get something that would pull a boat. I haven't driven anything but an Explorer since. My wife and I both have Explorers and got both of my kids Escapes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm 63, and the 2014 XLT is my 5th Explorer. All have been XLTs and my 2004 was the best of the bunch. Too early to tell how the 2014 behaves as it only has 1700 on the clock.

32 years old. 2015 Explorer Sport

28-First Explorer

46, '14 Explorer Sport.

34 years old. 2013 Sport.

I drove several different Fords when I was in HS and college. (Three different Rangers, Probe, Contour, Focus) When I got a real job and could buy a brand new vehicle myself I defected to Chrysler. Drove 3 different Grand Cherokees prior to coming back to Ford with my 2013 Sport. I need an SUV for practical reasons but I also wanted something more fun to drive. I didn't want to drop the cash for an SRT-8 Grand Cherokee so I thought the Exp Sport was the next best thing. There's a couple things I miss about my Jeeps but I love my Explorer and Ford's quality is a big step above Chrysler.

26. 2014 XLT loaded.
2008 XLT loaded.

36. First Explorer (2014 base model). Love it! Been a Eurocar fan most of my life, but fell in love with the Ex.

66 years old, this is my 4th explorer (91, 96, 02 and 2011) I have enjoyed them all.

28 here.
Just got my black metalic 2012 Ex Limited with 71,000km. Seems to be loaded. Still dont think i can trust it parking itself... First American vehicle in our family since 1994.
Owned a safari prepped FJ and mazdaspeed3 before but bought the Ex because expecting our first kid in a couple of week and needed a comfy highway couch to drive back and forth from home to see out parents 5 and 10 hours away with all our stuff.

34 black sport black/sienna interior

Moonroof
Voice activation
Dvd on headrest
Bucket seat for twins

On order 2015 ford explorer sport

Cant wait...

Welcome to the Forum UsainBolt.:wavey:
Nice to see another Canadian on board.

Peter

34, ordered our 2015 white xlt with appearance package (will post pics when we get it, haven't seen too many pics of xlt with appearance package). Got it mostly for expanding family, and a requirement for a second vehicle as I'll be working in the office vs from home in January. Oh poo.

Welcome to the Forum Blinko.:wavey:
A fellow Ontario member.:thumbsup:

Peter

66, second Explorer. Had a '99 Explorer not waiting for my '15 Explorer XLT.

32, just ordered our first Ford! (2015 XLT on it's way)

Welcome to the Forum Disneyland Fan.:wavey:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bought my 2013 explorer XLT 14 days after my 63rd birthday. So 64 now.
Gave my 2002 Ed Bauer explorer to my stepson...still running strong with 134k on it at the time.

Back