Found a set of mud dog tires for cheap will they fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found a set of mud dog tires for cheap will they fit?

jdtractor

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford sport trac 4.6
running stock rims, and no lift, but planning on doing a shackle lift in the back and a slight tor twist in the front, but found a set of mud dogs with perfect tread for 100 bucks! they are 31x10.50 im curious to how much of a strain im going to put on the truck pulling them, and how my turning radious would be on the front with them, like i said ill be running stock rims.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Theyll be fine. Ive been running 33x12.5 on my stock rims for almost a year with shackles and full torsion twist. I barely scrub at full turn. Where did you find mud dawgs at? We used to run the crap outta them and the buckshots back in the day

a buddy of mine has a friend that owns a junk yard, and he got them out of the junk yard, they are on some bullet hole rims 5 lug but not sure what the rims actually fit, wonder if i could get a spacer kit and just use the rims they are on? anyways he paid 100 for them on the rims told me i could get them for what he paid for them. They dont appear to have any dry rot or nothing, and 3 of them have 80% tread left one has probably 50 to 60% figured 100 bucks cant beat that on them tires lol im running a 96 4.0 ohv just didnt want to put a major strain on the transmission or nothing and have premature failure i only have 140,000 miles on the truck

Not bad tried to put the rims on your truck if the lug pattern is off then swap rims and sell those bullet hole rims to offset the price. I have the same exact truck I have an auto trans with a swapped out 1354m transfer case. Truck and motor have 196k hard hard miles and 150k on t case. You should be just fine with smaller tires

31"s are fine. If you're worried about the transmission get it flushed and adjust the bands. Keep up on trans flushes. It'll last a few more miles :D

Mine made it to 180,000 miles with lots of hard offroad use and towing. Just got it flushed every 35,000 miles or so

just wanted to make sure the 31's wouldnt make a huge difference in strain on the trans, first thing i did when i purchased the truck was put a trans filter in it, untill i got it to a trans shop for a full flush, i dont plan on mudding it or rough housing it, i do take her down some rougher dirt roads i live way back in the woods on a dirt road, and all the state ponds i fish are all on dirt roads she see more dirt roads than pavement but never rough on her other than when the roads get bad then she gets bumped around lol got to replace a upper ball joint now because of it, thanks for the input hopefully all goes to plan drop the ball joint in put a new camber kit in lift shackles on the back tor twist on the front send her for a line up and tire swap! within the next week or 2

Your only going 2" bigger on tire size a 235/75/15 is 29" it wont make a big difference.

thanks man, i really wanted to put a set of 30's on her but for the price i got on these i couldnt pass it up, so 31's it is lol

Back