Play movies in front screen | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Play movies in front screen

Likely the same iGo unit others have had installed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Likely the same iGo unit others have had installed

All i know is the nav software is korean (well known korean brand) but cant remember the name. I will post it later. I do know it comes with a USB stick used to update the maps. But i definately know its Korean only.

Will keep u updated asap

Serious Explorer Forum Disclaimer

As a disclaimer, operating with video in motion should only be done, off highway. For off-road use only...

Peter
2011 - 2014 Ford Explorer Forum moderator

I need help with getting videos to play on the screen 2014 Explorer Sport no rca jack

I see many companies online that are trying to unlock the system to allow video in motion for this 2014 Explorer Sport. I want to use my ipod for videos with the usb plugged in. It tries but no go. I'm hopping their will be a module plug in that will offer a video input signal to play on the screen. :exp:

There is a very good reason that the vehicle isn't designed to play video on the MFT. It's against the law. At least while in motion. The Explorers used to have RCA jack inputs but I believe that they were removed beginning with the 2014 model year, although my 2014 MKT still has them.
I am moving your thread to this existing one on the same subject.

Peter

I see many companies online that are trying to unlock the system to allow video in motion for this 2014 Explorer Sport. I want to use my ipod for videos with the usb plugged in. It tries but no go. I'm hopping their will be a module plug in that will offer a video input signal to play on the screen. :exp:
Check out the lockpick people. They had a solution that worked, IIRC. Not sure if they will offer something that provides a video input, though.

I have to admit that in 3 years of owning my Explorer, I have only once played a video on the display, and that was just to see if I could, while sitting in the driveway. The quality was not good.

Ford announced new Edge beginning this year and one of the features mentioned was dual screen view or something like that. I know some luxury cars already have that, so passenger can watch anything not interfering with driver.

MyFord Touch A/V (Video Only) Issues

So even though it is under warranty, I wanted to see if there was another method I can take before I take the dealership route. So when I plug a device into the A/V inputs and switch to the A/V input, I hear audio just fine, but the video does not want to appear. All it does on the screen is the background flashes from black to wallpaper to black in an endless loop.

I tried the master reset and that did not resolve the issue. Also, I have 2 headrest displays with A/V inputs, and the device works fine on them.

Has anyone else run into this issue before, and is there anything else I should try before I make an appointment with the dealership?

Thanks!

Your in park correct?

Just wanted to cover the obvious...hopefully didn't offend you. No lockpick or anything installed? Mine tends to cause issues sometimes.

Just wanted to cover the obvious...hopefully didn't offend you. No lockpick or anything installed? Mine tends to cause issues sometimes.

No offense at all! Now what do you mean by no lockpick installed?

I looked around online and found the following:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303710

Post #7 says that it could be because anything with older formats may not display properly, such as old school game consoles. I was also testing an NES and N64 on mine and had the same results. I know that a Raspberry Pi works on this, which is what I ordered and am ultimately going to be installing, so once I receive it I will test it out and see what happens.

I merged your thread with this one. There are posts about using the correct cable. Not sure what you are using as an input device.

Peter

Back