Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY

fourZero, thanks for our insightful response, it really helps the community out! I see you will be a valued member here in the future. Please tell me more about your internet knowledge and search abilities!

Back when I was 16 I had a car we cut the springs on because it looked "cool." It rode like ****, but I didn't care much about anything besides looks. Lowering springs are not that expensive, I'm scratching my head at how someone would apply a shoddy modification method and suggest others do the same.

Rather than come in here and tell you not to do it because I learned from my own mistake, I posted a link with details on why you shouldn't do this mod. Rather than counter any of the salient points in that post, you just want to attack me personally. Bravo!

Enjoy your cut springs!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back when I was 16 I had a car we cut the springs on because it looked "cool." It rode like ****, but I didn't care much about anything besides looks. Lowering springs are not that expensive, I'm scratching my head at how someone would apply a shoddy modification method and suggest others do the same.

Rather than come in here and tell you not to do it because I learned from my own mistake, I posted a link with details on why you shouldn't do this mod. Rather than counter any of the salient points in that post, you just want to attack me personally. Bravo!

Enjoy your cut springs!

If you had read the entire post you would see this has already been discussed and gone over. Thanks again for your helpful input, you will be a valued member in any forum that you choose to participate in! :rolleyes:

Well just wanted to drop another update. I have put 12,000 miles on with these springs and still rides perfectly! Best free mod i've done to date on the sport!
2015-03-08%2013.07.34_zpsj6qief9k.jpg

Lots of C2 and C3 Corvette guys cut their new front coils to lower the front end. Doesn't change the lbs per inch rating, just the height.

I like having some ground clearance on my XSport, so no lowering for me.

Lots of C2 and C3 Corvette guys cut their new front coils to lower the front end. Doesn't change the lbs per inch rating, just the height.

I like having some ground clearance on my XSport, so no lowering for me.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like having some ground clearance on my XSport, so no lowering for me.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plenty of ground clearance for me! The biggest obstacles around here are speed bumps and I can clear those all day hahah. This explorer will never go off roading, its a glorified grocery getter, nothing more.

Good lord, people! Can't someone post about a mod they did without others resorting to such immaturity? And the OP even included a disclaimer in his original post. For crying out loud.

Tony

I think it looks cool. Nice looking wheels.

Like everyone said to each their own. I personally would never cut stock suspenion parts as i have seen my buddies do it in HS with issues down the road...but to each their own!

These trucks look very good lowered. Would love to lower mine but with the potholes and huge frost heaves here in MA in the winter...don't think i would ever do it

Back