• Register Today It's free!

Removing small dents

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Does anyone have the best method of removing small dents without having to go to the dealer or an auto shop? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look in your area for paintless dent removal (PDR) and see if any techs will come to you or to an agreed upon meeting spot, or they may have a weekly or monthly pre-scheduled stop at a local shop.

They are very skilled metal workers and can fix any dent, as long as there is a way to access that area. They can restore the area to new and if the paint isnt damaged, then it will be perfect. They work on many types of car, some that include fixing rear panels on sports cars, so not only metal but plastic too. (dents, not cracks)

I had a dimple on my door fixed, we met in the city, parked, and he did it in about 45 minutes. $225. Nice guy and knew about cars and the materials used in their construction. Very unique experience.

Prices vary by region and the severity of the dent, plus the difficulty of the area of the car.

G'luck!

Dent Wizard in this area. I have had a couple cars done by them over the years. They come to your house, office, wherever and do the fix. It has to be an accessible area of the body and can't be in a crease or seam, but the results are pretty amazing. For a couple hundred bucks, it's well worth it.

BTW, I generally wait until I'm ready to sell or trade the car before I have the dents fixed since they generally charge a flat fee. I wouldn't call them after each parking lot ding, but would wait till I had a few.

+1 on Dent Wizard. I had them do two of my vehicles after a hail storm. Removed dozens of dents. That was about 8 years ago and I still have one of the vehicles and you can't tell the dents were ever there!

If the dent(s) have no creases, go get some good insulated rubber gloves and some dry ice. Put the dry ice in/on the dent and it will pop out.

If you can find a Pops-a-dent somewhere they work decent, but more of a pain with the glue, etc.

Back