The Ford order/build/deliver timeline. | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

Ordered my 2016 explorer xlt in the first week of September 2015
Till today Nov 3, 2015, it already 2 months,Still no vin number, no eta, no windows sticker

any suggest what I can do? I contacted dealer, but dealer mentioned they already send the order to Ford, they can only send email to ford to follow up, but it will not have any positive impact , is that true?

I wonder if ford work in Dec xmas holiday, if not, i may have to wait till next year :((

There's at least a dozen 2016 XLTs in Ontario.
Since your order hasn't started production yet, might be better to ask for them to bring one in or go to another dealership.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered August 4th
VIN issued SEP 19th
Windows Sticker October 6th
Built Oct 14th
Received at the dealer NOV 3rd

Now, just have to wait for them to finish prepping so my wife can pick it up. I am still stuck overseas until the Nov 23rd so I will have to wait a little longer. :(

My requested delivery date was NOV 16th so it would seem that they are a few weeks early.

Thanks all for your valueable replies, here some updates, I contact dealer and i saw the DORA of my order, the order rcpt date is 11 sep, and the priority is 19. My friend ordered the car the same day as me from the same dealer, already get the vin some weeks ago, even the ppl ordered 2016 explorer after me also received the vin from the same dealer.

I also called ford service telephone, the rep said ford will deliver within 12 weeks, even I donot have the vin now, it still possible for the car to arrive my dealer in 12 weeks. My understanding is 12 weeks means around 11 dec. I doubt if this is true, anybody had the experience?

Ordered our limited on Oct 9
Dora on Oct 9
Vin on Oct 25
Window Sticker on Nov 4
Production November 10

Scheduled Delivery is December 4. If we receive the vehicle then it's right at 8 week point.

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for the birthday wishes! :party: I truly appreciate your kindness, and I will be celebrating all month-long.

Once again, I’m here to assist with your concerns, and I’ll also be happy to check the status of your orders.

Happy Friday, and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Tricia

what is the DORA number everyone is talking about.
thanks

thanks

DORA is short for Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. It's a document that your Ford dealer receives from Ford Motor Company almost immediately after an order is submitted. You should ask for a copy of your DORA from your dealer. It's the best way to verify that the vehicle ordered is exactly what you want.

I ordered my 2016 Limited Explorer on October 22. Went to the dealer a few weeks later and they told me ETA was the week of December 7. Seems early from what I've been reading on here, but I'm not complaining!

Picked up 2016 Platinum Explorer Ruby Red yesterday!
Ordered the first time 9/27/15 Dealer did something wrong and order never showed. Thanks Tricia for your help

Second Order 10/7/15
Got Vin - 10/22/15
Window Sticker - 11/3/15 showed ETA 11/23
Built - 11/9/15 showed ETA 11/19
Delivered to Dealer 11/13/15

Dealer is less than 300 miles from Ford. Came by convoy. It's wonderful!! Good luck to all that are still waiting.

Ours is built, showing ETA week of 12/5. I hoping it gets delivered early too.

Ordered the first time 9/27/15 Dealer did something wrong and order never showed. Thanks Tricia for your help

Second Order 10/7/15
Got Vin - 10/22/15
Window Sticker - 11/3/15 showed ETA 11/23
Built - 11/9/15 showed ETA 11/19
Delivered to Dealer 11/13/15

Dealer is less than 300 miles from Ford. Came by convoy. It's wonderful!! Good luck to all that are still waiting.

where did you get the ETA off the window sticker at

I sent a PM to Tricia from ford, she will let you know ETA. I don't think you will know estimated ETA until after it is built and I heard the ETA is extremely soft.

I sent a PM to Tricia from ford, she will let you know ETA. I don't think you will know estimated ETA until after it is built and I heard the ETA is extremely soft.

mine was built 11/06/15 and was in the lot waiting to be shipped ..last i heard...
getting excited this will be our 3rd limited explorer... had a 2012 traded for 2015 and now we are getting this 2016 ... and we kept our 2015 i traded my 2014 F150 in for it..... cause my wife wanted the new front end and a platium white

where did you get the ETA off the window sticker at
I('ve never seen the ETA on the Window Sticker. Build date, yes but not ETA.

Peter

The ETA came from Tricia. I would send her my info every week and she'd give me an update. It was like a surprise gift from them every week. Sorry if that was confusing.

thanks
DORA is short for Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment...
Hi Dr. J,

Exit32's explanation of the DORA is correct. If you would like a copy, please contact the sales manager at your dealership.

I’ll be here if you have any questions about your order! :)

I ordered my 2016 Limited Explorer on October 22. Went to the dealer a few weeks later and they told me ETA was the week of December 7...
Hello etsu800,

I replied to your message. Please check your inbox, and PM the requested info. I’ll be happy to take a peek at your order! ;)

Ordered the first time 9/27/15 Dealer did something wrong and order never showed. Thanks Tricia for your help...
You’re very welcome, k9gold.

Make sure to register on our owner's site here. It’s a great resource, and you'll enjoy the great perks. Benefits include service coupons, maintenance scheduling, access to owner’s manuals, and many more. I'm sure you're out cruising the streets in your new beauty so feel free to explore the website when you have time.

Congrats, and I’ll be here if you need me! :burnout:

I sent a PM to Tricia from ford, she will let you know ETA...
Casmit,

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

Enjoy the rest of your day! :D

Tricia

hello. i just placed an order on the explorer sport on 11/11/15 and gave them a deposit. would i be able to pull out my deposit if they dont deliver in 8 weeks? or atleast pick a sport out from their lot?

hello. i just placed an order on the explorer sport on 11/11/15 and gave them a deposit. would i be able to pull out my deposit if they dont deliver in 8 weeks? or atleast pick a sport out from their lot?

That would depend on the rules and regulations set in your Province or State.
Here in Ontario, we can cancel after a 90day delay from the agreed due date.

That would depend on the rules and regulations set in your Province or State.
Here in Ontario, we can cancel after a 90day delay from the agreed due date.

But dealer only mentioned to me 6-8 weeks, but I donot see any paperwork that wrote the due date. Where you see the due day in document?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But dealer only mentioned to me 6-8 weeks, but I donot see any paperwork that wrote the due date. Where you see the due day in document?
I doubt that the dealer will provide the due date on any document since that is all in the hands of the Chicago Assembly Plant. A 'Build Date' will show once you get the Window Sticker which is usually available 3 - 4 days prior to the build date. 6 - 8 or 8 - 10 weeks seems to be a standard dealer reply.

Peter

Back