Went and picked up the Platinum last night!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Went and picked up the Platinum last night!!!

White, always reminds me of a company car.

I think that is why they charge $600 extra. ;)

also as tmg stated it is white platinum tri-coat. the pictures dont do it justice, it has really pretty metallic going on and is definitely not bright white. It also stays 10 times cleaner than any other vehicle we have ever had. our '13 XLT was same color and we loved it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful ride and backdrop. They have one of those at Weather Tech showroom (Bolingbrook, IL showroom is about 50' from my work so just went over there on lunch), showing off their products on it. Very gorgeous vehicle in and out. Roll Tide

None that I have read or heard about. Even on my MKT I can only adjust the ride/suspension for Normal, Sport or Comfort. Is that what you are referring to?

Peter

I saw a video of a review and the guy says that you "can put it into sports mode", so I was assuming that they finally made a knob / switch or something as the engine itself is twin supercharged.

Here I found the video clip of what I was talking about. The guy does something that he puts it in sport mode at 23:45 in this video. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-HLEYlZigI

I saw a video of a review and the guy says that you "can put it into sports mode", so I was assuming that they finally made a knob / switch or something as the engine itself is twin supercharged.

Here I found the video clip of what I was talking about. The guy does something that he puts it in sport mode at 23:45 in this video. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-HLEYlZigI
There is a "Sport" setting for the transmission shifter. It has P R N D S. You can see that on the instrument display at the 16:22 mark.
Also, from the 2016 Manual;

Sport (S)
Moving the gearshift lever to sport (S):
• Provides additional grade (engine) braking and extends lower gear operation to enhance performance for uphill climbs, hilly terrain or
mountainous areas. This will increase engine RPM during engine braking.
• Provides additional lower gear operation through the automatic
transmission shift strategy.
• Gears are selected more quickly and at higher engine speeds.

Peter

There is a "Sport" setting for the transmission shifter. It has P R N D S. You can see that on the instrument display at the 16:22 mark.
Also, from the 2016 Manual;

Sport (S)
Moving the gearshift lever to sport (S):
• Provides additional grade (engine) braking and extends lower gear operation to enhance performance for uphill climbs, hilly terrain or
mountainous areas. This will increase engine RPM during engine braking.
• Provides additional lower gear operation through the automatic
transmission shift strategy.
• Gears are selected more quickly and at higher engine speeds.

Peter

Thanks for the information. I thought it would be the S on the gear. I forgot that a manual mode gear shift buttons were located on the left side of the gear switch. I am so used to seeing them next to the steering wheel. That is why i was a bit surprised at first but after watching the video a few times I got it. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds does sound pretty good.

Thanks for the information. I thought it would be the S on the gear. I forgot that a manual mode gear shift buttons were located on the left side of the gear switch. I am so used to seeing them next to the steering wheel. That is why i was a bit surprised at first but after watching the video a few times I got it. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds does sound pretty good.

You still have to shift up and shift down using the paddles on the steering wheel.
There's no manual "gear shift buttons" near the park, neutral, drive, reverse" selector.

I didn't know the platinum had the massage seats either. Luckily, my wife drives a SHO, and so after having that and a 2013 Sport, I knew pretty fast by running through the screens. I picked mine up on the 4th, Magnetic. 2nd row captain chairs have auto fold as well. Cool feature. The lane assist is better than I thought. The SHO only vibrates the steering wheel. The platinum actually corrects the line. (I wouldn't trust it for much tho)

The perpendicular park assist is crap though. Don't trust it, it WILL almost run you into a parked vehicle. The leather covered everything is a nice touch. As is the motion sensor rear hatch when you have your hands full.

Back