• Register Today It's free!

LED rear turn signals

Mulletmobile

Reaction score
City, State
Nor-Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
I have read through every post I could find, but I still can not find a definitive answer to this question:

Which bulb will replace the rear turn signal bulb and give me an amber LED bulb with no hyper-flashing or other problems?

I do not want a link to another thread, I want the solution. I want real bulb info and if you can link to the exact bulb that would be appreciated. I think we need a final answer if someone has solved this one. Thanks to anyone with workable solution!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have read through every post I could find, but I still can not find a definitive answer to this question:

Which bulb will replace the rear turn signal bulb and give me an amber LED bulb with no hyper-flashing or other problems?

I do not want a link to another thread, I want the solution. I want real bulb info and if you can link to the exact bulb that would be appreciated. I think we need a final answer if someone has solved this one. Thanks to anyone with workable solution!
Sorry but you're getting a link. Saves me retyping what has already been posted. Post 1 in the following thread answers your questions;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386681&highlight=led+rear+signals

Peter

Peter, thanks for the info. But that is one of the posts I have read through and still does not answer the question I have and maybe I should be more specific. I am looking to see if someone has solved this issue by replacing the bulbs only without adding additional resistors to the electrical system. I was hoping to find someone who had found a bulb that has been manufactured with them onboard. It's not that I don't trust my abilities to do it this way, but almost three years later, and with the thousands of LED bulbs out there now I was hoping this had been solved in a different manner.

The search continues to fix something Ford should have done in the first place. Seems the conversion to LED has been easier in my '14 Fusion.

Peter, thanks for the info. But that is one of the posts I have read through and still does not answer the question I have and maybe I should be more specific. I am looking to see if someone has solved this issue by replacing the bulbs only without adding additional resistors to the electrical system. I was hoping to find someone who had found a bulb that has been manufactured with them onboard. It's not that I don't trust my abilities to do it this way, but almost three years later, and with the thousands of LED bulbs out there now I was hoping this had been solved in a different manner.

The search continues to fix something Ford should have done in the first place. Seems the conversion to LED has been easier in my '14 Fusion.
Okay, I understand now. It would appear that the rear setup must be different than the fronts if load resistors are required. It doesn't appear that this issue has been resolved or at least reported here. Good luck.

Peter

I know with the Ford trucks, you can change a setting with IDS to disable the "fast blink" when changing to LED. If the trucks can do it, I wonder if the Explorer can do it too. By doing this, there is no modification you need to do to the wiring.. it's all computer programming.

I am going to float a couple of questions over at one of the Ford Fusion boards I am on. There is a lot of mods being done over with those vehicles and somebody had info on re-flashing to make some changes work with the CANBUS. Maybe they have some info or ideas on it. I am not necessarily against making the system work by adding resistors, I just do not want to cause an issue with the the extended warranty/maintenance package I have. Last thing I need to have happen is a battle with Ford over something breaking and the added electricals.

With that being said, anyone who has added the resistors in line to make this work have an update on their success/failure. Seems to be a lot less checking back in this forum by users to update their work compared to the Fusion. I guess that may be due to the world-wide platform of the Fusion/Mondeo vs the Explorer.

Seems I may have to get to work doing some soldering.

crrobins thanks for the info, forgot to say that earlier.

Back