Found This Part In The Garage-Any Idea? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found This Part In The Garage-Any Idea?

corpflyboy

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Part Looks relatively fresh/new. I have a 13 focus,09 escape and a 14 fusion. Have a 14 Explorer Sport I was working on-Cleaning out the carbon with Sea Foam utilizing the aerosol can/intake manifold method. After I pulled the explorer out I found this part. I cant seem to find a spot where it should go. The inside part number states "PA66-GF13" with an "8" in the center of the part. The outer circumference is bigger than a quarter but about the same size as a fifty cent piece. The red O-ring is rubber, not hard plastic.

I googled the part number and had a ton of hits of electronic parts and one canister purge valve but even this part doesnt look like anything that is pictured, even a partial part of anything listed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Buzz

image5.jpg

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

http://s951.photobucket.com/user/corpflyboy/mystery part/story

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Those two topics you added makes sense.

I took the plastic engine cover off the explorer just now and found the orifice where it goes! Part of the throttle body. Makes sense since I was messing with that area earlier today but did not physically touch that area-just the hose clamps before the throttle body to insert the sea foam plastic nozzle.

The blue paint on the mystery part made sense when I saw the blue paint on the orifice area that makes it easy to line the part correctly.

Thanks again!

mystery%20part.jpg

mystery%20part%202.jpg

If it was installed on the new vehicle it IS a Ford part. Thanks, I rack my brain and lose sleep over stuff like this. LOL :D

If it was installed on the new vehicle it IS a Ford part. Thanks, I rack my brain and lose sleep over stuff like this. LOL :D

Think it was a generic part number for a minor part for the whole throttle body assembly. Shoulda taken a pic of what was inside that area. Was a screwdriver blade type protrusion. No oil or liquid in sight. The o-ring must be a dust seal. Not a part I usually deal with - im a "DIYer" for easy tasks. I will clean the MAF myself or install a CAI when it makes sense-not so much on the explorer from what I read.

:thumbsup:

PA66-GF is not a part number, it's identifying the material as Nylon/66 that is 13% Glass Filled.
The 8 in the center is likely the cavity number in the injection mold.

PA66-GF is not a part number, it's identifying the material as Nylon/66 that is 13% Glass Filled.
The 8 in the center is likely the cavity number in the injection mold.

thanks for the scoop!

It took two watch magnifiers to make out that part number.

Buzz

update:

that plug came out again.

teetering between the V-6 area's intake manifold.

went to grab it-poof! dropped down into the cavity from hell. Might as well be in the center of the earth.

Anyhow...went to the local ford dealer today and low and behold they are ordering a new throttle body assembly under warranty. Cant complain. asked if they would have to reflash the explorer. "No" was the answer. Now I am even more happy.

Buzz

Back