• Register Today It's free!

Can Memory Seats Be Added

Screamn

Reaction score
City, State
New Windsor, MD.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT
New here so if this was posted in the past plz forgive me. ;)

Love the new Explorer (2013 XLT) but dissapointed about not having memory. I'm 6'2" my wife is 5'7". She did most of the research on this so I blame myself for not catching that. Is it possible to add memory?
If so, what will I need to do this?

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New here so if this was posted in the past plz forgive me. ;)

Love the new Explorer (2013 XLT) but dissapointed about not having memory. I'm 6'2" my wife is 5'7". She did most of the research on this so I blame myself for not catching that. Is it possible to add memory?
If so, what will I need to do this?

Thanks,
Welcome to the Forum Screamn.:wavey:
I doubt that memory can be added since it doesn't show up as an accessory. It also works in conjuction with the keyfob so I don't know if that fob is different or not.
Looking at the Ford website, it lokos like you have to have the Leather Trimed Heated Bucket Seats with 10 way power driver's seat to get memory.
I'm sure if I'm wrong that other members will jump in and set me straight.;)

Peter

What peter said sounds right since the leather heated 10 way drivers seat is only packaged with the seat memory in the Mountaineers. So in order to pull it off it sounds like a seat change along with all the necessary wiring for the memory/heat buttons.

Thanks for responding.
I do have the 10 way leather heated seats. I have a fully loaded XLT. It's the only one we could find that had the Tri-white with nav. With a sticker of 44k I never imagined it did not have memory.
I should have checked further into it and possibly chosen a Limited.
So having said that, would it be possible to add the module for memory. The key fobs are easy to exchange.

Ok, you have me stumped on that one... not sure why it doesn't have the memory then because it doesn't come from the factory with the 10 way heated leather seat and no memory. I would take it to the dealership and have them show you where the memory buttons are for the drivers seat and if they cannot find them then they know that there was an assembly issue with the interior.

Ok, you have me stumped on that one... not sure why it doesn't have the memory then because it doesn't come from the factory with the 10 way heated leather seat and no memory.

The XLT absolutely comes w/ the 10 way heated seat (driver only, passenger is 6 way). My 2011 was configured this way as well. Memory is however not an option on the XLT, it's only available on the limited (and now sport) models

The XLT absolutely comes w/ the 10 way heated seat (driver only, passenger is 6 way). My 2011 was configured this way as well. Memory is however not an option on the XLT, it's only available on the limited (and now sport) models

You know, the ford website has me confused because in one area it says it has memory and under the option 202A package it doesn't list it. So it sounds like you are right on that one so now the question is how hard is it to add the connectors and memory to them.
Now that I have looked at it more, I am wondering if it is the perforated leather option that has the memory because ford uses the same image and text for the standard leather seats for both the Sport and the XLT.

You know, the ford website has me confused because in one area it says it has memory and under the option 202A package it doesn't list it. So it sounds like you are right on that one so now the question is how hard is it to add the connectors and memory to them.
Now that I have looked at it more, I am wondering if it is the perforated leather option that has the memory because ford uses the same image and text for the standard leather seats for both the Sport and the XLT.

the 402a package for the Sport does have memory, the 202a package for the XLT does not... the 302a package for the limited does have memory. Memory seats/mirrors/etc are only available on the limited and sport models.

I don't believe you can get perforated leather on the XLT, that is a Limited and Sport only option as well.

You would need someone w/ access to the wiring schematics to tell you the feasibility of adding memory, but I would imagine it would be difficult. Memory controls pedal distance, steering wheel telescoping and height, mirrors, seats, etc... some of those things are manual on the XLT.

Adding Memory Seating to powered seats

I just bought a 2013 Explorer XLT and would like to add memory seating, which modules or wiring harness do i need to order, should a ford dealer install them

I just bought a 2013 Explorer XLT and would like to add memory seating, which modules or wiring harness do i need to order, should a ford dealer install them
Welcome to the Forum Dan G.:wavey:
Although I'm not positive, I don't believe adding that is an aftermarket option. At least not from Ford.

Peter

Everything in newer vehicles is so integrated that it's not possible to add certain factory options after the fact. Especially something like memory seats.

2014 Explorer seats

can memory seats be added to my 2014 xlt with leather .list 40345.00 and no memory thanks

Welcome to the forum:chug:

I moved your thread to our 2011+ subforum.

can memory seats be added to my 2014 xlt with leather .list 40345.00 and no memory thanks
Welcome to the Forum alitke.:wavey:
I have added your post to this thread that talks about the same thing. Given that the 'memory' function controls more than the seats, I would think it would be very unlikely it can be added after the fact.

Peter

Anyone Add Memory Seats, Mirrors, etc.

I am new to the forum and just traded a Ford Expedition in on a new 2015 Ford Explorer. I do like our new Explorer, but was a little frustrated that Ford couldn't offer the memory feature and the home link options on the XLT. I was wondering if anyone has added the memory feature to their Explorer? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I was surprised to not see memory as an option either. I have the 2015 XLT with every single package you can get including the appearance package with the leather and suede seats. I wouldn't have paid extra for the appearance package but my dealer screwed up and I got it for free. Any how, Ford could have done away with the stupid "My Key" and gave us memory instead. I had always thought that was what "My Key" was.

What the "My Key" does tell me though is that the Key Fobs are different and the vehicle will recognize the settings for each one. I wonder if this is another setting that can be enabled through Ford software.

I know from experience here that you can add in the button to give you tow mode so I was wondering if replace that parts that allowed me to add in the memory seat button, if anyone knows if the car is already programmed for that, like the tow mode issue??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know from experience here that you can add in the button to give you tow mode so I was wondering if replace that parts that allowed me to add in the memory seat button, if anyone knows if the car is already programmed for that, like the tow mode issue??
Your post has been merged with this one found using the handy 'Search' feature.

Peter

Back