Seat Memory / Auto Start Configuration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat Memory / Auto Start Configuration

Nvious1

Reaction score
City, State
KC, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ex AWD Limited
So I just picked up a 2011 AWD Limited the other day and trying to figure out this whole seat memory and remote start situation. I am thinking maybe I don't understand how its suppose to work but here is my example.

If I leave the vehicle in seat memory 2 location (I assumed that number 2 is paired with my remote sense it was the only key fob in the car when I set the memory option), and I lock the vehicle from the remote and then remote start, they seat returns to some middle ground location. Once I get in and hit the start button, the seat tries to jam me into the first memory seat option (my wife's # who is much shorter than me). I suppose this says that my key fob is attached to memory seat 1 but not sure why that could be. Can anyone shed some light on the whole situation? I would note that I do have Easy Entry and Exit turned on. Thanks!

P.S. I would check out the manual but they are on order from the dealer so I don't have them yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's the manuals online
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...rGuidePage&year=2011&make=Ford&model=Explorer

There is a procedure that you have to follow to match the Key with the Seat settings. Just having it in the car is not enough

Thanks for the link. I just read through and found what you are mentioning however just a bit confused. I am on page 143 of the manual and it is talking about after holding the memory button to then hit the lock and then later the unlock button. Are the lock / unlock buttons they are referring to the ones on the key fob or on the door next to the memory keys? Thanks

Thanks for the link. I just read through and found what you are mentioning however just a bit confused. I am on page 143 of the manual and it is talking about after holding the memory button to then hit the lock and then later the unlock button. Are the lock / unlock buttons they are referring to the ones on the key fob or on the door next to the memory keys? Thanks

Hi Nvious1,

I checked out the Owner's Manual and looked at the page you referenced. I believe they are referring to the lock/unlock buttons on the key fob, as illustrated by the picture to the right of the instructions. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to look into them for you.

Crystal

Hi Nvious1,

I checked out the Owner's Manual and looked at the page you referenced. I believe they are referring to the lock/unlock buttons on the key fob, as illustrated by the picture to the right of the instructions. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to look into them for you.

Crystal

Thanks Crystal. This seems to have worked and has solved my problems.

I have a 2011 Limited with the moveable pedals, which are nice since my wife is almost a foot shorter than me. Unfortunately, I am not having any luck with getting the memory settings to include the pedal position. Does anyone with the 2011, with moveable pedals, have them working with the memory presets? Crystal - can you verify whether the pedals are included in the memory pre-sets. The manual states "If so equipped".

Back