• Register Today It's free!

Recommend PSI for 2017 Sport

Thomas Reminga

Reaction score
City, State
Port Washington, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
as the title suggests, what do people like to run their various Sport models are for psi on their tires? Figured we can open it up to all the different tire sizes and years also.

I just got a low pressure warning at 29psi- 2017 Sport is new to me and I felt it was too squishy. Was going to bump it up to 36psi to match another cat but I thought I would ask others out there what they have found.

Keep in mind I will be dealing with snow in a month or so :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could always look at your doorjamb. And it will probably tell you 35 psi.

Although I don't have a Sport I don't think there should be any difference between the various trim levels as all are recommended to run at 35 psi. I run that in both the OEM and Winter wheels.

Peter

I'm running 40 on my Sports Hankooks, cause I like a hard ride and want the best mpg i can get. Might drop it to 38 for awhile and see how it feels.

If I'm at Daytona in the spring I'll run: Left Front -- 27 psi; Left Rear -- 27 psi; Right Front -- 50 psi; Right Rear -- 48 psi

Smaller high-banks like Bristol I'll start at: Left Front -- 20 psi; Left Rear -- 18 psi; Right Front -- 43 psi; Right Rear -- 40 psi

wait.. what am I driving again?

just want to add: i'm running 36psi front and 34 rear on my 265/50/R20, best feel on the road for me

You gotta factor in seasons. I'm about to put my winters on, but the colder weather has caused my tire pressure to drop from 35 to 30, and it feels squishy. It should be 35 lbs as per the door jam. And that's before you do any driving. Once you drive, your tires warm up and will go up a few pounds.

Back