2017 explorer sport rear hitch cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 explorer sport rear hitch cover

relentless85

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
The rear hitch cover on my 2017 sport is missing. Since this is a sport model, is the plastic cover painted? I have been looking at pictures of explorer sports that have the cover installed but I can’t tell if it is painted by the picture. The part says paint to match and I have read that the sport might be a glossy black color?

If the cover needs to be painted to match, what is the paint code for the removable hitch cover?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2017 sport hitch cover is the same color as the immediate surround plastic, it is glossy, but not painted to match. I don't believe it is painted at all.

My 2017 sport hitch cover is the same color as the immediate surround plastic, it is glossy, but not painted to match. I don't believe it is painted at all.
Would you be able to take a picture of it and post it on here? It would be wonderful if I didn't have to paint mine. I just can't verify in other pics i have seen, if the removable plastic cover is the same glossy black color that is on the surrounding plastics where the reflectors are just above the tail pipes.

Would you be able to take a picture of it and post it on here? It would be wonderful if I didn't have to paint mine. I just can't verify in other pics i have seen, if the removable plastic cover is the same glossy black color that is on the surrounding plastics where the reflectors are just above the tail pipes.
Have you browsed through this thread? 5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Peter

Thanks for the suggestion. I found a pic of the lower rear bumper on a sport. It is indeed painted gloss black to match the lower rear fascia.

Now, does anyone know what the paint code for the gloss black is?

Back