2002 Ford Explorer Dash Removal (Help) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford Explorer Dash Removal (Help)

fordguy1990

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
Hey everyone!

So I ran into a couple problems with my explorer. The first, the blend door actuator which I've swapped out now, and the second issue of the vent system.

In order to replace this part, I need to remove the dash, along with the vents themselves to get at it. I'm not sure what the part is called, but it contains the two motors for adjusting the fan speed and where to flow the air.

I got almost everything out of the dash. (Instrument Cluster, Radio, etc.) but got stuck on the Passenger Side Air Bag. There are bolts at the back near the defrost vent and I got those out and the dash itself is ready to come out, but get's stuck on the passenger air bag, and I'm not sure why. I've unhooked my battery for a couple hours before proceeding to unhook the airbag and removed the two bolts at the bottom of it, but it still doesn't' budge.

Any help would be appreciated! I can post some photos later today!

Steve

There's bolts holding the air bag in from inside the glove box. Just saw this & hope that helps.

Back