• Register Today It's free!

PowerCode Remote Start Unit??

iowa_hick

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer EB
So I recently bought a 2002 Eddie Bauer with the 4.6L and was driving the other day when a controller fell out of the dash in front of me. Turns out this truck had gotten the dealer installed Power Code Remote start unit at some point. When I bought it, it didn't come with any key fobs at all, and I had since added a standard three button fob.

I have had a really hard time finding much information on these systems. I searched this site and a few others and did finally manage to find the instructions that came with the unit. Unfortunately, my unit has the model numbers scratched off, so I can't be certain. It does appear to be the Remote Start with Keyless Entry model.

My questions are:

Does anyone know which key fob this unit might have come with? I thought I had figured it out as a single button unit and bought one off of ebay, but the instructions I have indicate a four button remote that I have been unable to identify.

According the instructions, to add a new remote, you open the drivers door, insert the key and turn it on, then press the override button for ten seconds, and finally press the button the remote. I have had the dash all apart and cannot find anything that looks like an override button. It's my understanding that it was up to the tech installing it to decide where to put it, but can anyone suggest some places to look that I might not have thought of? If I can't find it, can I just order a new one and replace it?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Jake

Back