Window sticker mumbo jumbo

Blue Lamp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Anyone here have any knowledge of what the codes mean or would like to take a guess? I'm hoping we have someone who can dissect it and translate it into English.

Screenshot_20190626-215643_Drive.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't (didn't) know anything about the window sticker. I just googled "ford window sticker breakdown". It's pretty much the same for all ford vehicles give or take a few of the model-specifics.

Thanks, I appreciate the responses.

If you look under Special Order (below MSRP) there will be a date, that should be your estimated build completion date. The image quality isn't that great so I couldn't see it very clearly. If you ordered using A/D/X/Z plan, it will have your last name and first initial under Options.

The Build Date is shown as June 29th. 1201906296937 so I'm guessing 'Invoice Date' should be either the 29th or 30th.

Peter

The Build Date is shown as June 29th. 1201906296937 so I'm guessing 'Invoice Date' should be either the 29th or 30th.

Peter
My first window sticker shows build date of 6/7 and I just checked again and now it shows 6/18. Can anyone explain whats going on.

My first window sticker shows build date of 6/7 and I just checked again and now it shows 6/18. Can anyone explain whats going on.

What's your VIN?

1fm5k8gc2lga14018

1fm5k8gc2lga14018

Yours is a dealer stock order. Built on June 6th. The date you are looking at is not the build dates. Your date is in the code circles. 20190606. = year/month/day = 2019 June 06

Screenshot_20190701-101607_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Any idea when it should show up at dealer. Best guess.

Any idea when it should show up at dealer. Best guess.

No way to guess being it needs reinspection.. no telling how buried it is in the storage lots.

No way to guess being it needs reinspection.. no telling how buried it is in the storage lots.
Should the dealer be able to find out if it has been reinspected or is in transit.

Should the dealer be able to find out if it has been reinspected or is in transit.

The dealer can see in their system if there is an ETA yet. As far as inspection, I do not believe so. Customer orders get priority shipping over dealer stock so it could be soon and it could be a while.

Ford will ship sold units over dealer stock.

Since mid-June, I've been looking at my online window sticker each day using the usual link with my VIN at the end:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8HC3LGAxxxxx

During this time, there have been no changes to the content of the window sticker, except the date at the very bottom has updated itself three times:

-- First window sticker generated: 18-Jun-2019
-- Second window sticker generated: 25-Jun-2019
-- Third window sticker generated: 2-Jul-2019

I find it interesting that the date at the bottom of the window sticker updates every seven days, while my status remains stuck at "In Production." Any guesses as to why the date at the bottom of the window sticker keeps changing?

It does for everyone when looking up the sticker. Dont know why it does but that is 100% normal.

It does for everyone when looking up the sticker. Dont know why it does but that is 100% normal.

Thanks for this info, blwnsmoke. Good to know it's normal. I'll keep watching and see if changes again next Tuesday.

Since mid-June, I've been looking at my online window sticker each day using the usual link with my VIN at the end:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8HC3LGAxxxxx

During this time, there have been no changes to the content of the window sticker, except the date at the very bottom has updated itself three times:

-- First window sticker generated: 18-Jun-2019
-- Second window sticker generated: 25-Jun-2019
-- Third window sticker generated: 2-Jul-2019

I find it interesting that the date at the bottom of the window sticker updates every seven days, while my status remains stuck at "In Production." Any guesses as to why the date at the bottom of the window sticker keeps changing?
Has it only updated 3 times or does it give the day you look at it, i.e. if you check it tomorrow does it say 7/3/2019? I thought it was the date the system generated the copy of the window sticker, so every time you request a copy using the link it generates a new copy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has it only updated 3 times or does it give the day you look at it, i.e. if you check it tomorrow does it say 7/3/2019? I thought it was the date the system generated the copy of the window sticker, so every time you request a copy using the link it generates a new copy.
I believe when I was checking for my 2011 Window Sticker that may have been the way it used to work but as per blwnsmoke's recent posts, that date appears to up date over a period of days (1 week?).

Peter

Back