• Register Today It's free!

f150 coils

Jimbo92

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt, 97 5.0 mounty
will f150 coils mount on my 92 explorer with the factory spring perches and how much lift would they provide

Welcome to the site! You'll find everything you want to know about your truck right here. Welcome aboard!

I don't believe that the F-150 coils will fit in the stock Explorer coil buckets. The F-150 coils would be too big (larger diameter). What you can do though, is go to your local Ford dealer and ask for F-150 spring spacers. Adding the F-150 coil spacer will give you about 2" of lift in the front. Add Warrior shackels (WAR-153) to the rear and you've got a cheap 2" lift (before an alignment). These topics have been discussed at length before, so if you have any more questions, a search through some existing threads will probably answer them.

While I've heard that they're larger diameter, I've also heard that they've been used (at least on Rangers) to lift. Standard F150 coils give a 2" lift, I think, though I imagine the ride is hellish.

BUT

Considering the issue of larger diameter, I wouldn't mess with it in your position. Cheaper just to get the coil spacers, I'd think.

how much would the f150 coil spacers cost at a dealer?

Back