100,000 Mile Club | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

100,000 Mile Club

oh man....................................

Attachments

• 100k.jpg
    100k.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 351

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine has 213k miles on it and still runnin' pretty well. I need to fix the lifter clatter, and I need to rebuild the tranny soon. Other than some body work, I'm good to go. Love my X, never getting rid of it.

Rob

My 92 XLT 4x4 runs fine in all departments, and is in their 157K, with the original clutch!, believe it or not.

The key is the scheduled maintenance.

Andy:D

148,000+ on my 91, Original Tranny, Rear end was rebuilt at around 90,000

Rear Main and Oil Pan Gasket were replaced around 130,000. So Far its a great truck, getting a lift put in soon and it should be even better then :)

-Matt

Well. you aint seen nothin' yet.....

plenty of repairs and frustration...just buy a new one...think you will will ever be without a car note or expenses...?

JWood, this is the third post I've noticed in the last 3 minutes in which you express misgivings about people's interest in older vehicles and also mods. If people are happy with their vehicles and want to modify them, why not let them?

Originally posted by Alec
JWood, this is the third post I've noticed in the last 3 minutes in which you express misgivings about people's interest in older vehicles and also mods. If people are happy with their vehicles and want to modify them, why not let them?

WOW, I was about to post the same thing to another negative JWood post.

JWood..........time to relax!

Robb

Sorry guys....You are right...

it's just my d*** transmission is slipping again and I am not real happy about that (would be the 3rd rebuild).

112,000 miles.....I think my rear axle is bent...and the tranny is starting to go, but everything else is A O.K.!!!! The engine runs strong and I've only had to replace the MAF. I swaped out the transfer case for a manual one as well as the hubs. Oh yea, the A/C hasen't worked for years and I'm going to have to replace my cracked (very cracked:D) windshield soon or I'm gonna get a ticket. The only other thing I can think of is that I had to replace my passenger side window motor. I love my X!!

278k on my '92 when the motor let go and the tranny blew for a 2nd time.

Only 65k on my '97...woot woot!

It is really amazing....

to see the mileage piling up on all these Explorers. And the information in this forum is astounding (Ford should use it for R&D).

Anyway my little ole stock '93 is at 167,000 miles with various ailments, but still rolling. After looking again at trucks like Alec and others it would sure be fun to trade up for a newer "X" w/4WD.

And now that my wife is driving a new 2002 XLS, I'm convinced that all I bought is a new station wagon/mini van.

After looking again at trucks like Alec and others it would sure be fun to trade up for a newer "X" w/4WD.

Well if you are worried about your X not being able to do any off-roading, you picked the right guy and the right truck to look at. Alec can't spin all four wheels either. Don't let the lack of transfer case bum you out about your truck. It is still plenty capable!

Robb

My BII just turned 230K miles.
-Second engine (93 4.0L pushing 100K miles, 180K on the 2.9L was running fine when I pulled it)
-Fourth tranny (finally settled on a BUILT 93 A4LD)
-2nd front end (Old D28 was fine, 92 D35 is better)
-2nd rear end (old 7.5 was going quick, new 97 8.8 disc brake is sweet and recently got new gears and bearings)

Everything but the stuff under the dash has been modified, replaced, ripped out, customized, or blown up.

So I really dsont count but I do have 230K on the frame and most of the body. :)

Only left me stranded once, and that was only for 1.2 hour till she started again (loose fuel pump wire)

truck has been from CO to CA and back 3 times, to UT and back 3 times, to Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, and soon Texas. She'll pull my #3000 boat over the rockies no problem, and you can have her when you pry the keys from my cold dead hand. She's going to the grave with me if my kids (if I everhave any) dont want her. Best damn truck ever built if you ask me is a Ford Bronco, yes even the BII, it;s great to root for the underdog.

410 that's very, very impressive....

an inspiration to us all.....

Hit 104k today!! still going :)

93X Sport, 5sp. the only major work ever done was a new drive shaft as the old one gave out and my Xfer case needs a lookin at.

Other than that.
New Shocks at 99k
New Vacume hose at 99k
And all of the various little things we exploder owners have to do.

My 95 was bought in December 01 with 102,000 on it, now it's got 119,000 and so far has only cost me maybe $100 bucks in parts to fix what's been bothering me.

My 95 XLT is just a few miles away from 150000 miles

From 110000 till now i had to replace water pump,fuel pump,flushed the system,new shocks,front suspension parts,change oil every 3000 and chang tranny filter and fluid over all i am very satisfied with the rig.

My '92 XLT has 170k miles

I bought my 92 XLT about a month ago from the original owner. Only major things that had been replaced (by him - all within last 12 months):

On it's 2nd auto tranny
New A/C system
New cooling system
Brake system overhauled

It runs strong, shifts smooth, blows cold and starts every time. I have no complaints. It's my daily driver right now and while it may not be forever, I can't ever see myself getting rid of it.

1994 Explorer XLT (every available option), now with 100,000 miles and still runs perfect, no problems as all. Got it for my 16th b-day four years ago. It had about 50,000 miles on it when they bought it, and just like any normal kid I drove the piss out of it but did take care of it. I tow with it all the time pulling our waverunners to the lake 2hrs away, or bringing back our ski boat off the doak from the lake and towing it back here for service, and then back again to put on the lift. Towed a neighbors boat one time, 26ft Avanti w/twin 250 outboards so although its fast it is heavy, and the 94' Pulled it right up the boat ramp and to their house while they were redoing their dock, ya it took a little longer to get to speed but that damn ohv was pulling a 26ft boat and had no problem doing so, just a little slower than if pulling wavrunners;) . I floored it everyday to hear those flowmasters, used brake-torque starts when going against all the damn ricer encounters, nailed the rpm fuel cut off a few times because I would have it on 1st and then forget:p , oops. Been in 3 bad accidents that should have totaled it each time (not my fault by the way, well 1 kinda - stupid Mustang stopped short, uhhh.. she had no-rear end or trunk left!). And it's still perfect, original trans and rear end and everything, and still no signs of slippage. It's my sisters now though:( But I get an 02':D . The only things that have needed to be replaced besides normal maintainace were the bushings which is normal for any truck, a diesal (sp?) sound my engine made, a battery which happened to be the original and still lasted a year and a half after I installed my stereo which puts out about 1,000 watts., Edelbrock shocks (originals were still fine, but wanted the Edelbrocks:D , Flowmasters cause stock is way to quiet. And thats it, ever electronic thing, motor, inflatable bladders in the seats ect. ect. is fine and just like the day I got it. Trans is orignal and I have stressed the hell out of it I'm sure with all the towing and flooring (even flooring while towing;) ) and towing a 26ft boat, and it still shows no signs of slippage. Maybe I got lucky, but both of my moms Mountaineers have never had any problems also. Also our dealership payed for my new bushings, that was awsome, can't beat that! So I have put almost no money into it and it runs perfect, how in the hell do most of you have so many problems:confused: :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My X is only at 81K miles so I can't be in here yet, but the ONLY problem that has shown itself so far was a clogged IAC valve. Oh, and the light bulb behind the light switch is out :rolleyes: Oh well, Explorers forever! :redexp:

Back