5.0 Supercharger which one? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Supercharger which one?

John V., What all is required to install in my 97? What does it take to convert it over from internal egr to external egr? Why do you have to do this to install your kit? Do i need to by a inline boost a pump, and do i have the ability to run more boost later? Thanks, Richard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me clarify this situation with the E.G.R. The early 5.0 Explorers (1996 & early 1997) have an internal E.G.R. All others have the external type. Our kit is designed for the external type. Take a look at your passenger side exhaust manifold. Does it have the E.G.R. tube going to it. The E.G.R. valve itself sits right on top of the engine. (if you have trouble finding it, give me a call) If you do have an early set up, it can be converted. But I would check first before you worry to much about it. Our kit will bolt onto 1997-2001 5.0 Explorers with no problems & no additional parts.

Our kit is designed to work with a stock engine. It does not require any addition engine management or fuel boost with the stock 6 psi of boost. It is possible to change the pulley to increase the boost. To make this work you will need to upgrade the injectors, mass air sensor and fuel pump. The blower is capable of 8 psi of boost. With proper modifications you can gain 50-100 horsepower. The problem is, your stock transmission will not hold up to that kind of power for long. A few owners have built up their engine and trans to handle that kind of power. Our kit adds instant boost to a stock V8 Explorer as is. The drivability is smooth and the low end torque is awesome. Let me know if you have any questions.

John V @ EE
888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673)

Attachments

• supercharged v8 web.jpg
    supercharged v8 web.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 787

John V: I just want to clarify something you mentioned about the EE supercharger. The blower gives an additional 85hp as shipped, but by changing the pulley, injectors, etc. you can gain another 50-100hp on top of the 85? Am I understanding this correctly? If there is additional power to be had from this setup from more tuning, it is even more impressive. I think the success of the Lightning and 03' Cobra show the potential of the Eaton positive displacement blowers. The ability to add a potential 100-140hp would be quite exciting!

John,

I'm planning on adding an E303, rollers, and springs to help push 35's. (which will come after the 4" susp lift) From your experience, will the x-charger be compatible with my aftermarket set up. Already have headers, true duals, chip, etc. Hoping not to change injectors, mass air, etc. Max power with as little mod parts as needed. Most ads for E303's claim it to be a good stick for blowers. Cheap and greedy : ) :cool:

The E-303 Cam has been done with the X-Charger with good results. You will need to remove the chip or have custom one burned. When the supercharger is installed we do not want any chip that will advance the timing.

The EE will fit the 96 - early 97. Takes about $200 more bucks in parts to make it work. And it works well with the E303 also...

I know about the chip. With my modified intake and exhaust I throw the codes off already. I only want to have 1 re-burn once the engine mods and s/c are on.

Originally posted by 98X5.0
John V: I just want to clarify something you mentioned about the EE supercharger. The blower gives an additional 85hp as shipped, but by changing the pulley, injectors, etc. you can gain another 50-100hp on top of the 85? Am I understanding this correctly? If there is additional power to be had from this setup from more tuning, it is even more impressive. I think the success of the Lightning and 03' Cobra show the potential of the Eaton positive displacement blowers. The ability to add a potential 100-140hp would be quite exciting!

John ? And on your last statement you would not recommend a chip with the s/c?

I would recommend a chip, but only one that was burned specificaly for the supercharger. We do not want a chip that would advance the timing. You definitely do not want to run the same chip you were using before the X-Charger would be installed. Brian at Apten will know what to do.

Originally posted by 98X5.0

Back