Zinik Z1 Shoguns wrapped in Falken 275/45/20s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zinik Z1 Shoguns wrapped in Falken 275/45/20s

Well, it's official as of today. These should be in as of Monday (getting the wheels shipped from Anahiem, CA to Chatsworth, CA). My final price on all of this was $2085.75 on the truck and out of the bay. Only $100 more than doing it online, and I get a ton more warranties locally. This worked out real well. I also found out Panther made an exact replica of their Adana 340, and it's even cheaper, but they don't have the offset for the Explorer. Anyways, this is sort of my "worklog" for the setup. I'm extremely excited, but I'll have a nice $2k+ debt with interest for the next few months, but it's okay, adding another job as of July. Oh, and did I mention it's a 3.5" deep dish wheel? :)

Zinik Z1 Shogun 20's
z1_shogun.jpg

Falken 275/45/20s
stz04.jpg

I give this about a week to be completely done.

All opinions/feedback appreciated. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

draft said:
on the truck and out of the bay. ..........Anyways, this is sort of my "worklog"
I don't think getting wheels and tires installed by a shop qualifies for a "worklog." :)

lol I know, but then again, BBQ's audio install wouldn't count as one either then, right? Just my own thing I guess. I'm really excited and deprived (money-wise) on this, but it's a huge step for me.. as I've only had this truck for around 8 months and will be the last of the additions for a good while. Sort of my climax.. nothing left but some small things in my eyes.

man.. i was looking at those rims for so long. cant wait to see them on your truck.

Here's the Akuza Adana:
adana.jpg

Same exact wheel and cheaper, but only make it in +00/14 offsets, and I didn't want this sucker sticking out. Gotta love it. I got like no sleep last night over this, my weekend will fly by (baptism sat, baby shower sunday), can't wait. :p

I have those exact falken tires and I LOVE them. They are unstopable even in the snow. I also like the wheels alot because the arn't too flashy and 5 spoke. Nice choice!

I had second thoughts over the weekend that I should've saved myself the time and just gotten Pirelli's, but money is an issue. I'm extremely glad you love them, gives me no room to question myself. :p Tomorrow afternoon, can't wait.

Congrats! Wow, new 'hoe and 20s. Geeze :p

Looks like this is tossed onto tomorrow's tab. Knowing what a great company Zinik is, dumbasses sent the wheels to the corporate office located 30 miles away from the shop. You know, corporate offices have no need for wheels, so they were rejected. Currently in the process of tracking them down and getting 'em turned around ASAP back to Chatsworth instead of back down south to Anaheim.

Was a good day until all this **** happened, it could be worse, but it entirely shot my ego of getting them today. I'm taking the day off tomorrow, that's for sure.

Went down to the shop, rims are in, they look beautiful. Though, the stupid company sent 245/45/20s or some **** (I forgot the exact), so they have someone doing a nice 2hr round trip to the supplier and getting my right ones. 4:30PM PST I'll be going back down to get these puppies put on.. the suspense!

My wonderful day off consisted of: laying in the sun for hours at the pool and getting a tan, stopping at baskin robbins for some ice cream before going to the shop, and now back home, very constructive if I say so myself.

Almost.

It's official.

wheels1.jpg

(note: only one really worth showing, truck is kinda dirty, and I wanna polish the wheels/tires before tomorrow)

Some others: www.tainted-reality.net/car/rims

I absolutely love them. :) These are actually +15 offset, and worked out PERFECTLY. I'll get a shot later from how perfect they are to the fenders, they're not sunk in nor sticking out, just perfect. I was amazed, I'm glad I didn't get +35 offset.

That looks great. The tires wrap that rim perfectly, and help to maintain a sporty look.

Good choice.

So +35 offset would tuck the wheels and tires in some more or out? I always get confuse with offset.

What's the wheel width?

+35 offset would have sunken these babies into the wheel well about a 1/2" more than they are right now. We both took a chance going with +15 as it was recommended by the manufacturer, and it turned out amazing. Oh, and 20x8.5s.

Here's a few pics I took from my camera phone while I was at the shop.

wheel_label.jpg

wheel_inbox.jpg

wheels_boxes.jpg

wheels_boxes2.jpg

truck_up.jpg

need to get the front end down, other than that they look GREAT!

Do you know how much each wheel with tires weigh?

Wheels look amazing, I've always thought that 20's were to big expect for show but those look right.

Can you take a picture of the side of the truck?

Wow, looks great! :cool:

Left side
leftside.jpg

Right side
rightside.jpg

Some nice side shots (I drool over these, sorry :p)

I took off the crappy eBay billet grille today, felt damn good. I forgot to bring the clips from my newly arrived speed grille to the shop to keep me busy while I work, so I just took it off there and drove home with everything stock.. like so..
pic1plain.jpg

You can notice the center emblem missing, I cracked it off when taking it off, so I have 2 more on order from Ford parts that I'm going to paint black on the inside and replace them on both front and rear of truck. So I put the speed grille in..
update1.jpg

update2.jpg

update3.jpg

speedgril1.jpg

It wasn't bolted in then though, so about an hour later I got it all done in pitch dark. It had arrived a day early, so I was happy. I really hate those sylvania blue/amber bulbs, so I ordered APCs all around (blue) in signals and markers (even though illegal, I don't care). This will do it for awhile.

Oh and drew, give me a few weeks to lower the truck, I have all my stuff to do it (blocks/tools), but I lack the jack as you know. :p Either I'll end up paying someone or finding someone with a jack, who knows.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

draft said:
lol I know, but then again, BBQ's audio install wouldn't count as one either then, right? Just my own thing I guess. I'm really excited and deprived (money-wise) on this, but it's a huge step for me.. as I've only had this truck for around 8 months and will be the last of the additions for a good while. Sort of my climax.. nothing left but some small things in my eyes.
How did I get dragged into this?

Back