Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Fuse 28(Radio) has no power to it.

I'm trying to see where the "thermistor" is and what a thermistor is used for in a power circuit, the ones I'm familiar with are usually used as temp sensors Also is that going to FUSE 3 on the CJB? It has power on both sides. (edit: I found the "thermistor" or PTC Circuit breaker on the...
  2. O

Fuse 28(Radio) has no power to it.

My radio doesn't work. After searching through a ton of threads, I'm still clueless, as: A. Windows work. B. Accessory delay works. C. All interior lights work. D. Everything else that is tied to the ignition that I can find works. Every other thread I can find has ties to those...
  3. O

Newbie, electrical demon problem 2002

I'll up vote, Major PITA. I had 5 broken wires on my '03, the windows would work with the door open, you know when you're looking for the cause of your issues :D Once you get it open, check every wire, then check it again, then one more time. check out...
  4. O

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Fist did your original actuator have the dreaded click click click when you turn on the vents? if yes then the actuators could be bad. if not, well you could be chasing a unknown fault. Shaft will not turn by hand, Worm gear to round gears make that part hard. Plug the harness into the...
  5. O

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

First off Thanks, I went with the aftermarket dorman for speed(like $43 at advance in stock). I drive early morning and with the temp dropping, i like having defrost to see out of my windows :D I'll revisit in spring when the knob might get turned. though i might yank the plug and let every...
  6. O

Interior lights problem

If you don;t have one, get an Multi meter. one of the more cost effective tools out there, like ratcheting wrenches, and beer. fuse blowing is usually due to a condition called a short, those are bad. If you get flickering and then a blown fuse, look for the electronics part of what ever...
  7. O

What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

Replaced a blend door Actuator, which means i'm going to remove all my seats now for cleaning. ;) Found and removed a tracking device/remote Kill that looks like it was installed by a 2 year old with 2 rolls of electrical tape and 200 feet of wire. they added enough wire to put the relay in...
  8. O

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

You have the same risk of getting shocked with or with out the relay. And if you get a 10 amp swich and it melts you need to take it to a shop the specializes in electrical work. You car is going to catch fire the wire isn't thick enough to carry that kinda load.
  9. O

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

My reason, The drive shaft bearing in my fwd diferential needs to be replaced, i don't have the time, money, or the ability to lose my vehicle for the couple of days it'll take me to rip it apart. but durring the spring when i can bike into work, different story, so one cliped wire and i can...
  10. O

Front diferential

I apologies in advance, I can't search the forums, as since I'm in the middle of a move and my only access is at work and security setting won't let the results pop up. I have a 2003 XLT V6 that the front differential has some horrible bearings in them, and I'm looking for part information...
  11. O

How to: Add a USB charger.

It's all up to you i've use. 6 1 amp chargers without issues. And the back and front outlets are on the same wire in my ex so it doesn't matter the tie in point. Just keep it sane wires that carry moderate current for long periods can get hot. 6 amps is were I'd call safe. I had a buddy have a...
  12. O

steering wheel has a mind of it's own when turning left.

I've had this slight vibration/buzzing noise when turing left, but not when going right. the noise is so quiet that rolling down a window makes the noise disapear. I drive about 6 miles aday, never getting above 30 mph so that may play into it. Reciently on i had to take a 600 mile trip, and...
  13. O

That does look clean, and is a 1A charger. Gets my vote.
  14. O

As an electronics tech, I can offer a few insights. First, the inline fuse isn't needed. USB auto adapters that are that long should have a fuse in the tip. And at any rate, for ease of use, just tap on to the existing 12V outlets. Stock is a 15A fuse. More than enough for 3 12V taps...
  15. O

truck barely moving when put in OD, D is fine.

I have a 91 ranger, i was driving from the store the other day, when i pulled up to a stop light. When the light went green, i pressed the gas peddle, and my truck started to creap, like 2 feet a minute creep. 3 lights later i realized that the truck wouldn't mover till i hit 5000 rpms, she...
  16. O

Part info, broken vacuum line??

ended up trying a "radiator" hose repair kit. trimmed off most of one end, enlarged the hole just large enough to fit, applied a liberal amout of high temp RTV. Your thinking out loud helped. I'll have to get a new valve cover i've notice it's getting pretty brittle, i was breaking the plastic...
  17. O

Yes i'm a cheapo. Just bought the truck friday, not looking for large repair bils, will look into a threaded pipe/valve cover repair. thanks for the replys. just need what it was part store people are either very knowledgable or clueless, and i happen to fall in with the later.
  18. O

i bought a 91 ranger 3 days ago, she was idling great when i test drove her, perv owner changed a bad alternator, and she was idling like a 90 yr old about to die. Searched around the engine, and found this. the oil cap goes on top. Whats the name for this part, is is easy to medium level to...
  19. O

92 Ranger gas gauge is not accurate. The sending unit & gauge were replaced.

Thank you.. Just bought a 91 ranger 2 days ago, and found out it has an intermittent fault in the fuel gauge. Just wanted to thank all of you for the helpful info.
Back