Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

A Primer on "Breakout Boxes" and Accessories

Any ideas exactly what to look for as in " exact term" to try and find one of these kits so I can bleed the brakes on my 96 Explorer? Some one said the Theves Mark 4 abs 55 pin could be substituted? any suggestions, appreciated Jim
  2. J

Fuel Tank Fill Hose removal

Not sure how to post pictures of what the hose connections look like before and after removal so should any one have a question the 2 hoses(vent and fill) are attached to the tank via plastic clip that stays attached to the tank, I found out from ford, they are squeezed together at the base by...
  3. J

ABS Bleeding ? any suggestions,help

Hi Everybody, ABS bleeding? 96 Explorer,All Wheel Drive, V8, 151K miles got (2) codes C 1202 says Rear Dump Valve Coil ? and Code C1101 Hydraulic Valve Circuit failure a day ago, the rear axle line blew out so needing to replace line and new calipers, etc ( origional calipers on it) ford...
  4. J

Equnoxe , Thank you will give that a try in the am,once I get the hose off, pump the 30 gals gas out, get to replace the fuel pump Thanx anyway on the ABS codes, though give it a shot anyway Thanx again for the help, Enjoy..Be Well, Jim
  5. J

Thank you: vegasjoe1969 and Equnoxe , guess my only question is squeeze them then pull it off or? spread the clamps, doesnt appear to be like an inline where u need a removal tool, as always Thanx, any ideas? on th abs codes?( diffreent post/issue) C 1202 rear dump valve circuit failure...
  6. J

Possibly need to remove the fuel tank(for fuel pump replacement), how do I remove the Fill hose from the tank, appears to be like 2 sided clamp? does this push in and pull on hose or does it need to be spread apart and hose pulled on? Stock 96 Explorer 4 door V8 Thanx for the help in...
  7. J

ABS Dash Lite Reset

Mr Boyle, Thank you.. according to the Ford Srvc Disc, the abs system rests the computer after 80 drive cycles?, my ABS scanner Actron CP 9449 doesnt allow for reset, repair shop said for an explorer ford only? long as lite is out I guess? means as u say problem was corrected with the 2...
  8. J

ABS Dash Lite Reset

Hello, hope this is posted in the rite place?, Dash lite ABS on, was codeC1145 RF speed sensor input crkt failure, And C1230 Rear wheel spd sensor input crkt failure, wiring possibly ?, changed RF sensor with hub and rear axle sensor any way to reset the ABS lite without a ford Scanner...
  9. J

question on EGR control valve

Hello, get po402 codes continuous, even after reset , second engine start throws the code, replaced : EGR, monitor on top of the egr valve and gasket (F6pz-9h473-AA) the sensor on top of it with o ring ( fastens with 3 bolts, cant find the part #, tossed the box) the vac line from egr to to...
  10. J

Emissions P0402 code? Any help is appreciated.

Thanx for the info but my 5/0 96 doesnt have that 2 hose, mine has the monitor in top if the egr and the plastic plug in module with the vaccc hose to the egr( all were replaced as new) 2nd or 3rd start put up the lite again and still a PO 402 code, excessive egr flow, wondering? maybe the...
  11. J

hello, Thank you for the message/ Reply yes all hoses are replaced and what i see have been taken care of i think? hope so, installed the gasket and o ring with the part on top of the EGR secured by 3 nuts,i found the code(egr 402s) will put up one code ( driving and cheking the...
  12. J

P0402 OBDII code.

Thank you for the help, etc .. after several replacement parts I am still in the same boat I guess with a lot of these others owners experienced PO 402 codes on my 96 5.0 Explorer( replaced erg and sensor control valve on top of it, egr vacc solenoid and vacc hose, mine does not have a...
  13. J

Hi every one, new member here, 96 explorer,5.0 v8. 137k, replaced egr and electric egr valve position sensor on top of it,(4) 02 sensors, EGR vac Reg solenoid control ford calls it a control valve (9j459) according to the ford book? the 5.0 does NOT have a DPFE. it will put up the code at...
Back