Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

2003 cobra vs explorer 1/4 mile

the srt-10 although a great idea is still on the drawing board no matter what dodge says. They've changed what it will look like, cost, color schemes and what have you so many times it makes my head spin. But hey what better than to have a v10 in a truck with a 6 speed in it! Too bad it will...
  2. I

they flattened out the rims on the 03's to compromise with the people that like the 99-00 rims but don't like the 2001-2002 rims. And as for the next lightning coming after the 03, it won't be coming untill 2005. And it will include a twin screw whipple supercharger making at least 500 horses...
  3. I

I think your all talking about the 2003 cobras. As I said before, the 2003 lightnings have not even been made yet. Job 1 date is nov 4th, currently 1 or 2 exist and they both belong to svt for testing. So whoever told you all that they drove a 2003 is lying their ass off. The way you can...
  4. I

hey LowdPypes when did you drive an 03? They havn't even started making them yet....job 1 isn't until nov 4th, just wonderin if you have an inside hook up or something.
  5. I

I hate to say it but the lightning is somewhat a sleeper. Most people that own vettes and what have you have no idea what a lightning is. They just stare in awe as a 5000 pound truck blows by them with ease. I have had many experiences with people buying high class sports cars that costed...
  6. I

the new cobras are only 35,000 i think, not an arm and a leg for a car that runs 12's stock! If you really want a truck that can beat most sports cars and will get 500 horses to the rear wheels with only 3 grand get a f150 lightning! a 5000 pound truck that runs 13's in the 1/4 stock! Up the...
  7. I

Washer LEDs

I can relate to that......my car almost blew up on account of my self stupidity, doing this traps the power with no where to go so it sends it back through the ground wire.....first smoke, then sparks, and then FIRE!!!!
  8. I

Hiper bulbs... just got 'em!!! They're awsesome!!

Correct, they are just the immitation hid bulbs. However they do shine a bit brighter. CONGRATS ON THE SUCCESSFUL INSTALL :D
  9. I

superblue bulbs?

JAP IS THE WAY TO GO in my opinion when it comes to bulbs.........But ya, I also have the hipers click my sig to see them. They havn't failed me yet are are brighter than my stock bulbs by a handfull.
  10. I

speed grille

**flexes his muscles** well ya know, we can't all be as strong as me :D :D If you need some help **does a heisman trophy pose** call me up, i'll get them on for you :p :p :p
  11. I

speed grille

I would go with the street scene, it is the best quality and is used by most. However the clips they provide are freakin worthless....If you can actually get them to work they usualy scratch ur paint because they rub against it when you try and put them on. Best bet is a drill with a couple...
  12. I

Neon Pin-Striping

also on behalf of californian's I'd liek to say that I also aplogize for this, however I think japan came up with it first :D
  13. I

Number 899 Hiper fog bulbs

:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
  14. I

Any one tried "Hiper" brand?

Enjoy them, and post some pix when you install them! REMEMBER, DO NOT TOUCH THE ACTUAL BULB!!!!! TOUCH ONLY THE BASE OF THE BULB (THE BLACK THINGY) WHEN INSTALLING!! :D
  15. I

Those are correct, I will tell you a quick horror story though. I have had a friend who bought some cheap ones that melted the wiring harness for the lights however I have never had that problem and they were a different brand. So I say go for them, they look good, are an eye turner, and are...
  16. I

Upon some further research I noticed that ford bein the cheap company they are :D usually uses the same model number bulbs in all their damn s.u.v's. My expedition takes 899's in the fog lights, I believe that my mustang did also, thats your best bet.
  17. I

I know of one company that makes a fog light bulb that will closey match the hipers, Xenon makes it. It's actually called xenon, the model number is lost in my mind right now, sorry.
  18. I

yup thats them, nah they don't draw any extra current that I can tell. They really are brighter and if you want that blue xenon look, there is nothing better than these other than the real thing!
  19. I

No, I bought these from my local ricer shop, but they are the same thing. I would have saved 10 dollars if I had bought them off of ebay though....Anyways they're fine and if you install them correctly ie. not touching the bulbs then you will be just fine and dandy :)
  20. I

I own hiper 9007 bulbs and have had them for years with no prob (they were on many different fords) As long as you know not to touch them and install them correctly there should be no prob at all! They give off a deeper blue tint than the piaa's in my opinion, click the link in my sig to see...
  21. I

Saleen Show this Saturday

only in irvine huh? I'm about an hour away from there, maybe I'll see you there, heh I'll bring the X too!
  22. I

Subs in rear hatch WITH PICS

DAMN AMAZING!!! Thats all I can say!! I always wondered what it would look like and how it would work out, its good to hear that you have had success! Truely show quality!! Add some tweed or what have you flames stitched in to the box and you got yourself one hell of a set up!!
  23. I

i need it louder!

bingo
  24. I

2002 Head Unit Removal

there should be two bolts under the middle lip in the dash cover that you described? Undo these bolts and then just pull the housing that you described off. This is how it was for my 02 sport so I'm guessing it would be the same for you.
  25. I

My 4.Slow

When I talked to my muffler guy about gettin a dual exhaust setup he told me that he would not do it because the pipes on the left side would be too close to the brake lines and could cause them to break some time in the future. Did you find a way around this prob?
Back