Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Satellite radio question

Thank you for responding I have that part and pulled the radio out, but I didn't find a port that it fits into. That is the part that I tried to explain in my first post. I think it needs an adapter to work for the radio. But, I decided to try the fm transmitter anyway and it works great...
  2. M

Satellite radio question

Hey guys, I just got a Sirius Satellite radio from a friend. It's an S50 portable model, with the charging base, antenna, fm direct adapter, and all the necessary wires that I want to install in my 2001 explorer. I don't want to use the fm transmitter in it to avoid constantly changing...
  3. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

Nice! I might do something similar on my ranger, like driving lights or something and mount them behind the honeycomb grill.
  4. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

drls? Daytime Running Lights?
  5. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

Disreguard this post. I was trying to edit something else and I made a mistake.
  6. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

Yea. I wish I could mount two behind the grill, but I can tell these just aren't meant to get wet. I'd have to get something other than dash lights if I wanted to do that, but I'm pretty satisfied with them, so I probably won't. Also, after changing to the 12V plug, I'm not really sure how...
  7. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

Thank You. I did actually hide some of the wires under the a-pillar trim, but only for the rear lights. There really wasn't a place to hide the wires for thje fronts so I just used a few zip ties, but I now want to hide them, so it will probably be under the headliner. I also don't have much of...
  8. M

Winter grill cover

Wow I missed alot of updates. Of course I forgive you. I don't mind the multiple conversations that have started. Its kinda funny too watch. Anyway, Corkey posted his wind stopper as he calls it, which is exactly what I was looking for. I think I will do something similar from some sheet...
  9. M

Winter grill cover

Thank you for your replies 2Timing Tom - My use was not going to be to warm it up, I was just describing it's advertised uses. In under 5 minutes of driving, my truck blows hot air. I was thinking about it for mpg's that are terrible for everyone in the winter. 2Timing Tom - I know NJ...
  10. M

Winter grill cover

Anyone ever use one of these in the winter to help their truck warm up faster and improve your winter mpg's? http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_512605_999_02? I was thinking about getting one or making one for my ranger since cold has come upon this entire country. I wasn't...
  11. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

OK, thanks. I think I'll switch to the 12V cigg plug next time I'm free. I'll post pictures of the tupperware containers later.
  12. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

Would that mean I'll only be able to run two lights at one time?
  13. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

You didn't totally confuse me. In answer to your question, the plug is only rated for 9V. I didn't measure it with a volt meter, it's just what the guy at radio shack told me when I bought it because I mentioned I had been previously running it on a 9V battery and I guess he figured I...
  14. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

I want to put my lights back up, but they're not too bright. They are noticeable from a fairly good distance, but I would like them to be brighter. When I bought and wired the cigarette outlet plug, I got only a 9V one. So my question is, would using a higher voltage cigarette outlet plug...
  15. M

Amber LEDs for my Ranger

I did this project awhile ago, but I never posted it, so here is a step-by-step process in how I installed them. They are 4 LED dash lights that I bought from a friend who had them on his truck and decided to get rid of them. They also came with the necessary wires and control. Here's what...
  16. M

Tow Package

I believe the tow package comes with a hitch. I got a chance to see the new explorer late last summer and it had a hitch. The hitch has a removeable plastic cover that molds to the rear bumper so it remains hidden except when used. I am not sure about the spare question though. The new...
  17. M

96-00 brush guard

The removeable light guards also make sense if your inspection stations will fail you for having those light guards. The middle horizantal pieces were discouraged. NJ used to fail you, but now they only check enhaust.
  18. M

Just bought a 2003 Ranger Edge

My latest updates - I removed the black tubular side steps, I added a trailer hitch rated for 5,000 lbs, and I bought a roll-up tonneau cover until when I want to buy a cap. A quick review on the herculiner - It's not as strong as I would like it to be and has already been scraped off in a...
  19. M

Who's in NJ? Where?

I live in Toms River and to me, "down the shore" means going to the beach, whether its across the bridge to seaside or lbi or going down south. That's how many people I know who live here use that phrase. :dunno:, thats just my experience. I don't go to the beach much myself, so maybe Im wrong.
  20. M

Who's in NJ? Where?

Toms River, 08753, Ocean County, also known to many as the Jersey Shore; sadly, for that dumb show.
  21. M

Rally Stripes

I would agree with the grey the most. Black wouldn't look bad either. You may want to think about a flat paint for the stripes. It looks awesome when a black or grey vehicles has flat black stripes
  22. M

'03 ranger trans position sensor acting up?

Well, there were no problems after driving it yesterday after having gone through some water the day before that. Unless the problems come back, I see no need to take it back to my mechanic. I will inspect it a little to see if there is any visual damage or something.
  23. M

I guess I'll have to if it keeps happening:(. I had no choice but to drive through a flooded road yesterday, so we'll find out it still has problems.
  24. M

Ok, thanks for the info. So, now that it is new and still having problems on wet days where it may get wet, what can I do to prevent that?
  25. M

The plug shouldn't be damaged because I just got it replaced. Why would the receipt for the part I got replaced say "transmission position sensor" if it is not even the name of the actual part?
Back