Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Blower Motor Stays On!!??

Our 1996 Explorer Limited has as issue where the blower motor stays on irregardless of the key being in the vehicle or not. The other night after I got home from work apparently it stayed on and of course drained the battery. I had to use jumper cables in order to power the vehicle up. As soon...
  2. M

1996 Explorer Limited No Power Anywhere!!

Couldnt imagine it being a fuse since the problem is intermittent. The motor will never crank though regardless of the door chime.
  3. M

I will check both of these out this weekend. Thanks
  4. M

Our 1996 Explorer Limited had a strange issue today at Home Depot. While making a quick run to Home Depot with my daughter the message center displayed an Air Ride Fault. I simply reset it and figured I would investigate further after I got home. After shopping we return to the vehicle to find...
  5. M

How to: Remove and replace door latch assembly

Has anyone found a place to order part number 21970? Mine is broken as well and it looks like you need to purchase the whole cylinder assembly in order to get just the clip. The price for the whole assembly is 61.00... I tore the door apart today and everything looks fine other than the rod...
  6. M

'96 Explorer Vacuum Leak

Thanks again Team.. I am going to try this tonight. I hope it is something simple like that. I have been told that there are O rings in that connector that can dry up and crack. How does that connector come apart. It looks like it needs to br pryed arart...
  7. M

'96 Explorer Vacuum Leak

Thank you Team. Just for an update I borrowed a OBD2 reader from a friend and there were no codes to display. I know the check engine light wasnt on but it was worth a shot. Also, I checked the brake booster by letting the engine idle for a few minutes then shutting it off and pulling the...
  8. M

'96 Explorer Vacuum Leak

This sounds like it could be the problem. How did you reapir the metal pipe? Did you just replace it?
  9. M

'96 Explorer Vacuum Leak

Ok I seem to have a vacuum leak on our 96 Explorer. It is the V6 4.0 liter engine. At times it will idle really rough does not seem to matter if it is cold of warm. I can make it idle this way by pumping the brakes over and over which tells me it is a vacuum leak. Now I have tested the IAC on...
  10. M

'96 EB Explorer No Heat

Is there anyway to verfiy the broken door without cutting a hole in the box behind the glove box?
  11. M

'96 EB Explorer No Heat

We have a 96 EB Explorer that does not have any heat blowing from the heater any longer. I have done a few checks listed here. The EATC self test displays an "888" after testing so does this mean the blend door is working as it should? Also, both the in and out hoses going into the firewall for...
  12. M

'96 Limited Air Ride Control Questions

My wife just bought a used '96 Explorer and I have a few questions. The vehicle is in really good condition and is the limited model with 160K. My question deals with the Air Ride Control. How do you actually know if it is working? Also, when the vehicle is shut off and after exiting the...
Back