Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Explore's Truck

For those of you who don't know I drove her into a tree, and bought a F-150, any good enthusiasts sites out there for them? :D
  2. E

:(

Well gents scrapped her today got 2200 for it. I found myself a nice 2000 F-150 XLT with 100k for 4500. Sad to see the explorer go but this F-150 is gorgeous. I'll put some pics up in my registry later.
  3. E

1998 Ford Explorer Sport - Horn - wire-color.

Hell I couldn't even find mine before I hit a tree with the damn thing. Wish this thread had existed a month or two ago, then maybe I coulda scared that SOB outta the way. The Haynes manual was indeed a complete let down on this for me to.
  4. E

idk i had a bloody nose for about a week, i really don't even remember the damn things deploying lol
  5. E

image edited what I got away with after the crash
  6. E

Was doing around 40ish and I'm probably gonna aim for an f-150 or a v8 splorer.
  7. E

Everyone made it out alright it was just me and my ipod. I was coming down a hill doing about 40 on a somewhat what road and the rear kicked out and I skidded into either a wall or a tree they both were in the same place. I broke my femur and bruised a few ribs but the son of a ***** saved my...
  8. E

Well guys I broke her good.......
  9. E

2003 Eddie Bauer

7.5k for a v6 EB '03 with that many miles is asking for trouble unless it was a highway only and garaged constantly. Id have to say try looking elsewhere. I also seem to recall that 2003 may have been a trouble year but I'm not sure, someone else can probably get at that for you. I found my...
  10. E

Deer -vs- 02 Explorer!

I'm not gonna lie I'd drop the X for a crown Vic in a heart beat. I love those freakin cars but they are damn near impossible to find in Mass in a decent shape.
  11. E

Ex is totaled

Nice find, get the AALS and raise that honey baby. Sports are so agile on trails raised its crazy. It looks like you got the captain's chair to? Thats my favorite part about my sport the chair is SOOOOOO COMFORTABLE if it ever dies im taking the chair out and boltin it to my floor <333
  12. E

Cruise control doesn't work!

sounds like a clock spring
  13. E

Engine wut?

This probably a crazy question. But is it possible to take a 5.0l v8 from my dad's 95' f150 and put it in my 98' sport and get rid of the OHV? Is this crazy talk? I only ask this because my dads truck is slowly dieing and I plan on scavenging the engine as it only has 30k on it since it was a...
  14. E

"Door Ajar" light on constantly

I don't know if this will help but my explorer tends to whine at me for an open door, it seems to be happening cause the locking mechanism dosen't shut the door all the way. I just keep closing it till it shuts off. A can of WD40 seemed to help to.
  15. E

Annoyingly loud creeking noise?? Help please!!

I have the same thing but I just think its my powersteering being old. My Dads F150 has the same thing and whines like a ***** when you turn all the way in a certain direction. However mine definetley dosen't make that noise on bumps and while driving it dosen't whine, just at low speeds and...
  16. E

Explore's Truck

I don't know I've been doing some serious thinking bout the paint and I saw that the cap near me has a nice big think of Herculiner. Would it be more worth it to buy that and just Liner the things most likely to get roughed up Offroad. For example everything thats gray in the pic It dries...
  17. E

Explore's Truck

Ya the acceleration was it just being a bear up hills. And I think I may just go for black its looking to be cheaper to get them to just sand the old shiz off and get a new coat of Glossy Black.
  18. E

Explore's Truck

Fixed my hood and got some new pedals cause my gas pedal was making me wanna kill things Future plans: Probably gonna herculiner everything that isn't already black Synthetics on the next oil change Lift Mudders when the milestars die Sound system (Hopefully this week if they...
  19. E

Explore's Truck

Its not that bad considering he gave me a 3,000 mile warranty. As far as mods go I'm definetley lifting her at some point. I wanna get 32's and I already know I need new shackles cause her ass is sagging really bad. But thats down the road after the winter. Before the new year hits I'd like to...
  20. E

Explore's Truck

Its acutally six and I'm going to change the oil before I take the trip down to Penn. As far as the loss of power goes I just think its a fairly bad hill, I noticed in both my Dad's truck and the girls GTO that at about 3 thousand rpm there is a slight jump on theres and since the truck and GTO...
  21. E

Explore's Truck

Nothing on the can said anything about an oil change, nor did the person who made the How To for the SOHC. We'll find out in a month or so cause I just got my oil changed :D
  22. E

Explore's Truck

1/3 in the tank 1/3 in the oil and 1/3 in the BB. She sat for 10mins and honestly it barely even smoked while I was driving I had to get it over 2k rpm to even see anything come out the exhaust. By the time I hit the hill no smoke was coming out anymore.
  23. E

Explore's Truck

Its all the way on to the white cap and the clamp is in the same spot cause there is a rust stain I used to figure out where to put it back on :D I'm also noticing a way rougher idle. Is it possible the Seafoam knocked something loose? Either way I'm going to make a thread in the transmission forum.
  24. E

Explore's Truck

The Seafoam didn't do in the 4w it was questionable for awhile I just didn't get the time to mess around with it until today. Do you need to get PCV sealant for the booster line or is it fine? That might be why :D I hope
  25. E

Explore's Truck

SeaFoamed and quite unimpressed. Only smoked for like a quarter of a mile. And I now have no power going up hills............. AND my 4lo 4hi is gone............:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Back