Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

squeaky steering

Okay, I did a search and didn't find anything useful. My steering wheel squeaks when it's moved. It's getting progressively worse and drives me crazy. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the power steering-more like rubbing or dust or something within the steering column itself. It's...
  2. C

Does this Minnesota X belong to anyone on here?

I was driving on I94 in the Woodbury area yesterday, June 16th, and passed a sweet Explorer. It was a 1st. gen, white, some type of billet or speed grill and very shiny wheels. It was gorgeous and I'm just wondering if anyone out there takes credit for this ride.
  3. C

Best way to get a couple extra inches OF LIFT?

Nevermind, I thought this thread was about something else!!!
  4. C

A/C not Working

Does the warranty even apply to me since I didn't own the vehicle when they did the repair? I figured that the age and mileage of my X had more to do with the low freon than a noticable leak. But then, I'm a woman and maybe somebody is taking advantage of me!!!
  5. C

A/C not Working

something positive to report about fixing the AC problem on my 94 XLT. Before I bought the truck from my son's boss, he'd spent approx. $300-$400 having the AC fixed. I drove it last summer and it worked great everytime. When it turned warm a few weeks ago, it would only blow hot air. I...
  6. C

Factory amp?

factory amp You can have a factory amp and still have sound-it just won't have the optimum quality. When I had my HU installed, they didn't bypass the factory amp (I didn't even know I had one). My sound was okay, but when I did the amp bypass, I couldn't believe the sound quality...
  7. C

3rd brake light decal

I made my own and like the way it turned out. I just cut a stencil and spray painted it the color of my truck. The beauty of making your own stencil is that you can make it anything you want.
  8. C

WHOOPIE

I bought an amp bypass from Best Buy for about $12 and used that. I had to take the factory amp off it's bracket cuz I was having trouble unhooking the old harness. I then remounted so I didn't have it just laying around. I took out the 16 gauge wire I was running from the RF amp to the sub...
  9. C

WHOOPIE

That was me-thanks!
  10. C

WHOOPIE

Thanks to help from many of you and some searches, I finally completed my audio upgrades. New 6X8 Pioneers in all four doors, factory amp bypass, Rockford Fosgate 2 channel amp, and a MTX 10" sub enclosure. The door speakers are run off my Kenwood HU and sound very nice. The sub wasn't...
  11. C

Still another amp bypass question

quick response You guys told me exactly what I needed and hoped to hear. If it ever gets above zero here, or my husband finishes the transmission job that's all over the garage, I'll get this done. Everyone on this forum is so helpful-thanks a lot.
  12. C

Still another amp bypass question

I know this has been beaten to death but, I've done several searches and still have questions. Am I understanding this right? I only have to do one of these 2 things to bypass the factory amp--either run speaker wires from the 4 door speakers to the back of my aftermarket HU, or plug an amp...
  13. C

Putting a sub in the rear storage compartment thingy... ??? lol

weekend install I installed the MTX sub enclosure and Rockford amp this weekend. I amazed myself and my family but did have a few surprises and now some follow-up questions. When removing the passenger side rear panel to install my sub, I found an amp. I thought I had the base sound...
  14. C

Please help an old lady who has many questions

install Well I know I'm going to try to install this myself-they want $75 plus wires to hook this up. I've laid hardwood floors, ceramic tile, etc. so with some help from you guys, I'm going to give this a shot.
  15. C

Center console

Oh man...That's just what I've been wanting. If Elite doesn't take it, please let me!!!
  16. C

Please help an old lady who has many questions

I've ordered the MTX 10" sub enclosure and am planning to use my son's Rockford Fosgate amp-I also already have a Kenwood HU. I haven't decided yet if I'll tackle installation of the amp and sub myself or have it done at a local audio store. I was told that whatever I decide on installation, I...
  17. C

MTX enclosure??

Eddie Bauer sent mail
  18. C

MTX enclosure??

Wellllllll...that depends on wheather I can afford it or not-Christmas bills/tuition/etc. Let me know price if you decide to sell. Thanks;)
  19. C

MTX enclosure??

MTX I've been thinking about getting one of the MTX's. If you decide it's too much hassle to install and want to sell, let me know details. This is the one that mounts in the rear storage area, isn't it? Also, is it the amplified one or just the sub?
  20. C

Are you interested in selling the amped box? If so, let me know how much. Thanks!!!
  21. C

Magic... Did you have the one with the built in amp or did you get a separate one? If so, what did you get and where did you mount it? Thanks for the info.
  22. C

I'm looking to buy a sub enclosure for my 94X and would like further advice. I'm considering both the MTX Thunder6000 and the first Clarion mentioned earlier in this thread. Both have a 10" sub but I think only the Clarion has the built in amp. Prices are about the same. I'm not looking for...
  23. C

neons and other aftermarket lights

Yeah, I agree with that. My post was mostly meant as a warning to those running with their lights on. We're trying to get retailers to display warnings by their merchandise notifying customers that, even though they are for sale, their use may be prohibited by law-many do not do that now. The...
  24. C

neons and other aftermarket lights

I work in District Court and last week I had a Misdemeaner Arraignment calendar. After court was over, we got to shooting the breeze with the deputies. They are getting pushed hard to ticket vehicles with anything other than factory lights. They said the big emphasis is on colored exterior...
  25. C

High milage explorers?

94 XLT 243,000 miles and has only had routine maintenence. Keepin my fingers crossed.
Back