Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Wire color

The air pump is run from the battery, I only need the horn wire as a switch leg. It's been rainy and I've been busy but I'll get it figured out one of these days.
  2. N

Wire color

The choices are red and black with a green stripe. I assume it's the red one and now I'm just having problems with my wiring. I'll figure it out, it's just frustrating.
  3. N

Wire color

I'm installing air horns and I need the wire from the horn itself the one under the battery. Thanks
  4. N

Wire color

I'm tapping into the horn wire, which color is positive? I did a search just can't find what I'm looking for. Thanks
  5. N

sk1er17

Bought a radar detector from him...Transaction went smooth, he sent product quickly. I'd buy from him again. He's great about communicating when I have questions!
  6. N

how do i take the key pad off?

has anyone else noticed that the keypads don't seem to be level? I saw this on mine for a while and I've been paying attention lately to other x's around town...either my head is crooked or most of them aren't level.
  7. N

How do you like the new forum software

does it come with an instruction manual? :) It's looks great, I just need how to use it!
  8. N

damn brake dust

It's all in the pads you have.
  9. N

front end conversion

getting rude with someone is always a good idea, especially someone just pointing you in what he thinks is the right direction! Definately the right way to make friends and get to know people on the board. I'm not a moderator and maybe I just overstepped but it sure does annoy me when...
  10. N

Shock replacement price - good or bad??

I stopped by sears today and got some prices on shocks, the lady told me 39.99 for the Monroe sensatrac's a piece plus $115 installation per pair. I thought to myself yeah what a deal. I asked her if they were running any specials and she said no. I inquired the total again and she told me...
  11. N

Twistep

I'm not even sure what that is but if it is what I think it is...I just taught my dog to jump in the back. He smacked his head on the bumper the first try but after that he got the angle right. Not bad for a jack russell!
  12. N

escape and the x?

comparing the escape and the explorer is comparing apples and oranges. my wife has an 3.6 liter 6 cylinder and it's fast...especially compared to my 4.0l 6. but the bottom line is the explorer is a truck and the escape is a car with awd.
  13. N

15x7 to 15x8

With a 31" tire will I lose any tire height going from 7" wide to 8" wide? thinking about going wider
  14. N

cloth seats + cold dry weather = shock!!?!!

I have the ultimate solution to this... Grow a pair and deal with it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D All in love don't take it the wrong way
  15. N

Center console question

you know Kleenex Jr's is what it was made for but many people use it for many different reasons. I normally use mine to hold dirt and lint that gets trapped in the crack and will never come out without my hand bleeding...or using q-tips.
  16. N

IAC Gasket???

when I took the old iac off it had no paper gasket but when I bought the new iac they offered the paper gasket...I took it and put it on.
  17. N

IAC Gasket???

my ohv has a paper gasket not an o ring
  18. N

Reputable Ford service in Atlanta area?

my uncle loves courtesy ford in Conyers, I know it's a hike for you but sometimes good service is worth it.
  19. N

State Inspection

yeah and you misspelled "explorer" :D
  20. N

tinting prices and percentage

I was quoted $75 and a perfect match guaranteed. As for the ticket they have a sign stating what's legal in MD and let you know that it costs more to remove tint than to put it on...FYI
  21. N

Anyone have pictures of shackle/torsion twist with stock tires

I was thinking about that on my way out tonight, It may have also been due to the fact that my tires were bald??? and the fact that I was driving like a race car driver?
  22. N

Anyone have pictures of shackle/torsion twist with stock tires

I don't have a pic but I'll tell you I drove on my lift with stock tires for maybe a half day and at 60mph the thing felt squirrely. I felt very top heavy and unsafe.
  23. N

Picture

I've got a weak cardomain page that may help you with bigger photos. http://members.cardomain.com/padrenick gotta figure out that small picture problem
  24. N

I painted the CHROME!!! come, look

I've been wanting to paint mine green to match the rest of the x but am to chicken to do it to my existing chrome one. I found a test piece at the junkyard but they want $100 for it. No way will I pay that. Anyone got one laying around they'll part with for cheaper?
  25. N

Picture

this one shows the rear view against another stock x. That's what I like about the shackles and tt, driving down the road people say "that explorer looks tough" but they don't know why, park beside a stocker and people are like wow that thing is huge. I've done some extra walking just so I can...
Back